[23.2] House of Possession ~ Pt 2

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

The Gatehouse was becoming far too easy for the teens to break into. Eddie and KT quickly got to Harriet's room, and Eddie pulled the keys from the cabinet next to the door and promptly unlocked the door.

The pair slowly walked into the room, but the woman on the bed still jumped slightly, judging by their sudden appearance.

"Harriet, it's okay, it's us," Eddie reassured her.

Harriet looked at the pair before slowly relaxing. "I know you," she said in her airy voice. You're the great-granddaughter."

KT smiled at the woman and nodded her head.

"He's not who he used to be," Harriet warned KT.

KT sat on the woman's bed and asked the question she didn't want to answer: "Who is he now?"

Harriet waited until Eddie sat down on a table in the room before she looked at KT. "He works for another power. I hear them sometimes, above me, jabbering in an ancient tongue. Your friend, the girl, would understand; she has a feather tongue. I saw it behind her ear, but I sadly cannot."

"What else can you tell us, Harriet?" KT asked the woman, knowing this time was limited and they might not get an opportunity to ask these questions again. "There's some pretty strange things going on."

Harriet looked away from the ceiling to KT. "Strange things?"

"Our friends, they're talking in their sleep," Eddie explained.

Harriet laughed, "Oh, that's not them, that'll be Roberts Colleagues- "the woman saw the blank looks from the two and explained. "their ancestors."

"What?" Eddie questioned, having no clue what the woman was talking about.

Harriet closed the book she had opened and leaned forward to look at the children. "Your friend's ancestors took an oath after Robert was Cursed by Anubis. They vowed to guide their descended if this time came.... And it has."

Eddie glanced at KT, but his mind was whirring with information he knew he had to remember correctly; otherwise, both rutters would murder him. "Okay, um, Harriet, we need to talk to you some more. Will you come with us? Come talk to Camilla and Fabian."

Harriet looked to the Osirian and shook her head. "Though she is one I wish to talk to, I am needed here."

Before either teen could argue more, a door could be heard creeping open, and they all knew it couldn't be Caroline Denby back in the house.

"Listen, Harriet," Eddie frantically told the woman. Frobisher is not going to be happy to see us. We need to hide."

"Who is there?" they all could hear a male voice call out.

Harriet looked confused, "why can't you say hello? He is your great-grandpa."

"No!" Eddie insisted, looking at KT. This was not the time nor place, and they didn't have Camilla's magic to help them; he could barely pick his nose with magic, let alone make the pair invisible. "We'd get in trouble, and so would you," Eddie told the woman.

"Is Anyone there?" Frobisher's voice called out. "Show yourself!" came his subsequent demand.

Eddie quickly shut the door to Harriet's room, and he and KT stood with their backs against it, hoping this would make it appear as if it was still locked.

Eddie and KT held their breaths and braced themselves as they noticed the door handle turn. Robert was clearly checking to see if the door was locked. The handle turned, but the door didn't move. The two teens' weights were enough to cause the illusion of it being locked-at least enough to convince Frobisher. The man frowned before stalking off into the house to see if the noise came from elsewhere.