13.5

yoongi sat on the bay-window, staring out of the glass while he hugged his stuffed kumamon. he nuzzled his face against the soft, black fur and sighed.

for once, his mind was blank. he blocked out all his thoughts on mark leaving and took some to actually just sit in silence and admire the great outdoors. his room overlooked the luscious garden yet he'd only spent a week out of the six months he'd been at the institution looking out of it. sure they had outside time, but he and mark had always gone to the rooftop to be alone in each others company.

as yoongi was so engrossed with staring out of the window, he hadn't noticed that mark had wondered into his room.

"yoongi?" mark called out.

he awaited a reply to his call but yoongi was in his own world, oblivious to his friends presence. mark thought that yoongi was ignoring him which saddened him.

mark sighed. "l-look, i know you love jimin. i don't expect you love me back in the way that i love you because i've always known that you never would even if i got really close to you."

mark looked up at yoongi to see that the small man hadn't even shifted. she continued to stare out of the window unbothered by his confession. he marched up to yoongi and put his hand on his shoulder which made him jump.

due to the shock, yoongi jumped aggressively making him fall off of the bay-window and onto mark, sending the two to the floor. yoongi landed on mark's chest while mark broke yoongi's fall and wrapped his arms around his waist.

they stared at each other making eye contact without blinking. yoongi's face reddened while mark was in shock. mark's gaze trailed from yoongi's eyes to his pink, pouty lips which looked kissable. he longed to know how his lips would feel against yoongi's.

so he leaned his head up, connecting his and yoongi's lips. mark only pecked yoongi's lips then pulled away making sure to look everywhere but at yoongi.

yoongi was surprised by mark's actions but he knew that a peck wasn't going to suffice. so he leaned down and connected his lips with mark's again, this time their kiss being longer and sweet. yoongi's hands cupped mark's cheeks while mark tightens his hold around yoongi's petite waist.

yoongi and mark pulled away from each other to take a breather.

"mark-"

"yoongi-"

mark bit his lip at how the two spoke in unison. yoongi pursed his lips.

"y-you first." yoongi told mark.

"i know you don't love me like i love you because that's how you love jimin, a-and that's okay. i... i want you to be with someone who makes your heart race, who makes you happy, who is your happiness. b-because it's everything you deserve, baby."

"m-mark, i'm sorry." yoongi apologised as he hugged him, resting his head in the crevice of mark's neck.

mark smiled small. "don't apologise for how you feel."

"i'm sorry i'm leaving you." mark spoke before pressing a kiss on the top of yoongi's head.

"don't apologise. it was bound to happen one of these days, besides, i haven't got that long here. just... just promise you'll try to visit me."

"no need to try. i'll visit you on every visitation day."

yoongi smiled wide and pressed a soft kiss on mark's neck. mark blushed at the contact as he turned his head to hide his blush from yoongi.

suddenly the door opened revealing nurse amy who stared wide-eyed at the two on the floor. mark and yoongi turned their head to the door and made eye contact with the nurse.

"just... use protection and wash your own sheets." she told the two before closing the door.

mark and yoongi only looked at each other and burst out laughing at the woman's incorrect assumption.