13.9

mark and yoongi had fallen asleep, cuddling due to the position they were in while they were watching movies on the laptop. they'd gotten through watching 16 candles, which yoongi and mark talked through while making fun of the characters, mark being petty by insulting samantha whenever he could.

the two friends managed to watch 16 candles, rush hour one and two, but both fell asleep not even half way through the third rush hour. it was pretty inevitable though since they'd both stopped laughing by the time they were about halfway though the second rush hour as they were simply too tired to.

as of now, the two lay sound asleep. the morning sun peeped through a small crack in mark's beige curtains, the bright rays shining onto yoongi and mark's faces.

within seconds, the two begun to groan as mark's alarm for 10am went off. yoongi pulled the duvet over his head as he grumbled about how it was too early to be awake.

"it's 10am yoongi." mark stated, his eyebrows furrowed.

"early!"

mark decided to not ponder on yoongi's words as he stood to go into his bathroom to follow through his basic morning routine.

even though yoongi had pulled the duvet over his head and still wanted to sleep, he couldn't. he groaned as he tugged the duvet from his face and lay on his back staring up at the ceiling. memories from the early hours of the morning flooded his mind, making him break out into a joyful grin. he loved that mark could put a smile on his face even just by the thought of him.

since meeting mark, the times that seemed dull and boring suddenly became bright and fun. he and mark were two people who had completely opposite personalities but when they were together, it was like they became one.

yoongi viewed mark as his platonic soulmate who he had yet to meet all his life. even after his traumatic experiences, he realised (with mark's help), that you needed to go through bad times to get to the good times in life. to him the concept of having to go through hell and back was evil, and if their was a god up there, why did he want his creations to suffer? but nonetheless, he didn't question it.

he wondered if jimin had been apart of the bad times or the good times yin his life. when it came to jimin, everything suddenly became so much more complex. he in his life during his relapse but also the perak he taught him it was okay to be who he was without being scared or giving a single fuck about what society thought.

jimin has to be one of the best experiences he'd been through, but at the same time he wondered if he was also one of the worst.

yoongi sighed then sat up and watched mark stumbled out of the bathroom as he ran his hand through his hair.

"get ready, breakfast is in about half an hour." mark told yoongi as he crawled onto the bed and lay next to yoongi.

"i don't wanna get up, markie." yoongi whined, pouting.

mark chuckled. "oh come on, it's bacon and eggs today? you really wanna pass up on that?"

"... i don't mind." yoongi spoke after thinking for a few seconds.

mark turned onto his side then yoongi turned on his side to face mark. mark immediately regretted turning because now, he couldn't take his eyes off of the one thing he wanted that he couldn't have.

mark bit his lip as he stared into yoongi's eyes.

"i'm sorry." yoongi whispered as he looked away from mark.

"for what baby?"

yoongi hesitated for a moment but decided to speak regardless. "for not loving you the way you love me."

mark closed his eyes as he let out a shaky breath. "don't apologise for what your heart feels. it's not your fault. us being friends is enough for me."

yoongi shuffled closer to mark and lifted himself off the mattress to lay on mark's chest and wrapped his arms around his neck. mark wrapped his arms around yoongi's waist and buried his face in the crevice of his neck.

"let's stay in bed all day and cuddle." yoongi muttered.

"sure, baby." mark responded, inhaling yoongi's sweet, natural scent.

"wait, mark. i want bacon."

"later."

yoongi lifted his head and kisses mark's cheek making him blush uncontrollably.

"promise?" yoongi asked.

mark smiled and patted yoongi's lower back.

"when have i ever lied to you?"