What was that?

#Black speech#

~Elven language~

/Letters/

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

('Telepathic')

Two hours later, after a lot of persuasion and calming words, a thoroughly embarrassed Gandalf was back on his feet with his robe (thankfully) covering his body once again. "Right... Well... I'll be off then." He said then ran away so fast you would think that he was as spry as an Elfling.

Despite the circumstance a lot of people were giggling. Even Elrond had a smirk plastered on his face that, try as he might, he couldn't wipe it off.

"Now then, now that that is sorted maybe I could have another shot at removing the chains from your wings? Of course I'm going to need a hand..." Elrond trailed off and looked around at the big group of people. He quickly dismissed everyone until his eyes landed on Frodo. He nodded to himself before addressing the young (well by their standards anyway) Hobbit. "Frodo, would you mind giving me a hand?"

"Will he allow me to approach him? He seems to be a little free with his mag-" the man in question starts to panic as he is saying the word "with his abilities. Although what he has done so far has been harmless, albeit embarrassing, it's not to say that he won't become violent if we both approach him at the same time."

"You are correct. Maybe you approach and see if he will allow you to and I'll hang back for now. Go slow though and talk to him, let him know that you are not a threat."

"Right" Frodo moves towards the winged being, however he doesn't even take two steps before the man is screaming in terror. The Hobbit jumps back and doesn't stop retreating until he is at the back of the crowd. Only then does the screaming stop. "Well that was a massive fail."

"It was worth a try, you are by far the less threatening presence here. Looks like I will have to come up with a new plan. Unless one of the other three Hobbits would be willing to try?"

"Let me try Ada."

"Aragon, your height alone might scare him. That's why I went with someone smaller."

"I know, but we won't get him to trust any of us for a long time, we can't wait to get the chains off his wings. If you try it alone and he flinches, who knows what damage will be done to the wings? He'll never trust any of us then. Let me try."

"Fine, but be careful. He's hurt enough, and I don't want it to become worse by thrashing around. I don't want you hurt ether."

"Don't worry Ada, I'll be fine." With that Aragon crouched down and made his move towards him, slowly whilst speaking clear reassuring words to the man. Just as he gets within touching distance, the man's hand shootout and grasps Aragon's wrist into a tight, yet gentle grip. The words spoken to him shocks the Ranger to his very core.

"Danger lurks on the horizon,
Deepest black has arisen,
The man heads East and into danger,
Nothing different for the Ranger,
With little hope and a big dream,
Light will come from the team,
The forgotten king without a goal,
with the protection of the broken soul."

With that the winged man slipped into unconsciousness.

"What was that? What does it mean?"

"Calm yourself Aragon, let me get the chains off his wings whilst he is unconscious. We will discuss this later."

Twenty minutes later and the now free man is being carried in a strong embrace up to the healing hall, in the arms of the Ranger.