Remember fights come after the hookups

"You wouldn't even be open to giving us a try?" Nilsa says as she sits on Gus's lap. Wait I'm sorry what?

I was sitting in the back of the van next to Codi with my eyes closed until I heard that. Shooting a glance towards the two I see her on Gus's lap giving her best puppy dogs eyes and a cute little lips pout. Are we fucking kidding?

I loved Nilsa don't get me wrong she was like that annoying younger sister who would always rattle on you to your parents. But she all last summer to have a chance with Gus he literally was begging to be with her and she turned him down. So it takes her to witness Gus and I to make out for her to realize that she wanted another chance with him. Great.

Seeing her kiss him made me want to throw up, literally. So put my head back down and closed my eyes ignoring all of my surroundings.

Only picking my head back up when Codi woke me telling me we where home. All I wanted was to go to bed, putting everything that happened tonight to rest and hopefully never bringing up again.

But as usual I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep with all of the roommates still awake. So I quickly made beeline straight for outside for some alone time. Letting the cool breeze cool me off I just paid attention to the distant crashing waves. Going over everything that I remembered from tonight.

1) fight about toothpaste
2) went to the club to celebrate Gus and Jeremiah's birthday
3)dances with Gus
4) made out with Gus
5) Gus made out with Nilsa in the taxi on the way home

Damn what a night.

I knew the kiss meant nothing to Gus we both promised neither of us would commit to anyone this summer and that definitely includes each other. Right? While I knew I had no more than friends feelings for Gus why was the only thing on my mind the kiss.

Replaying it over and over again. I just wanted to relive it. For him to come out here and kiss me again but Nilsa kind of got in the way of that one.

Before I knew Jeremiah and Gus were joining me at the table where I sat. Both going on about Nilsa and Gus's kissing in the car I almost got up and left. "So for instance for she decided to hunch you tonight would you?" Jeremiah asks being the little dad that he is. "And she said I'm cool with not having a relationship. Would you hunch or not hunch?"

"Probably—," Gus answers honesty.

"That's so fucking stupid," I interrupt.

"Why?" Jeremiah asks.

"Cause that whole little scenario you made up would never happen. It's Nilsa no offense but she would never say that." I say sharply exhaling.

"Yeah but I'm saying best case scenario, you would hunch correct." Jeremiah continues.

"Yeah I mean she's a good looking girl—"

"But it's Nilsa! You think you can hunch no strings attached but if you two do it she'll always is gonna be petty and annoying with the girl you come home with. I mean for fucks sake the only reason she this tonight was probably cause she saw us making out!" I snap. This whole conversation was a waste of time there was literally no way Gus could ever hunch without any posthunch Nilsa reaction. It was stupid to even think of the imaginary scenario.

"Wait is just about you being jealous that we kissed in the cab?" Gus questions. I'm sorry what?!

"What the fuck! No! That has nothing to do with this." I say I could hear my voice start to get a little defensive. I was not the jealous type, especially with guys I'm not even dating. Even though half my focus was on Gus's lips wishing they were kissing mine again.

"So what is it about then Savannah ?" He asks hissing my name.

"It's about the promise we made to make no commitments to people this year. Remember 'you can't find love in the shore house,'" I say placing air quotes around his words.

"Well I'm not in love with Nilsa!"

"That's not the point Gus. The point is that you can't hunch her without any of her crazy petty outburst after." I shout at this point both Gus and I were angry. You could by the way we both stood at the table, our hands waving at the words we yelled.

"Why does it matter to you who I hunch. You don't control me remember that Savannah."Gus shouts again hissing my name at the end of his sentence

"Yeah well I was trying to help you from making a mistake Gus ," I say copying his tone.

"Well I don't need your help. You're not my mom."

"Yeah well I thought I was at least your friend!" I say this time making my way towards the door. I was over this argument I was drunk he was drunk. I just wanted to be in my bed.

"Well you might want to rethink that one bitch!" He shouts after me as I was opening the door. Freezing as I heard the words that he shouted out at me. They stung a little more then should have.

"Yo come on Gus," Jeremiah interjects.

"No it's fine Jeremiah," I say stopping him from saying anything else. My voice was scaring calm at the point cause if that's he truly felt then I was over it. You know the truth comes out when you're drunk. "You know what?" I say turning around before I went back inside. "Fuck you Gus."

Swiftly and quickly making my way back inside and heading straight to the stairs I stopped in my tracks at the sound of Nilsa's voice. "She's probably just mad cause Gus wants to hunch me and not her." She says her back facing me. Both Codi and Kirks face were in pure shock.

"I'm sorry what Nilsa?"