Chapter 5

Jonelle POV

Its been 2 weeks since I seen Camden . When I told him I liked him , I was shocked myself because I didnt think I would tell him so early but almost loosing him made me think twice and I felt it was time . I visited him twice before he got out the hospital and he said he would text me but he never did . My friend Naomi has been staying with me since the altercation cause she scared somebody gone come looking for me . Like wtf she gone do ? My mom came and peeked in my room through the door .

Mama: Hey honey , Im off to this business trip . Ill call you when I land . I love you and be safe .

Me: love you too .

My mom is never around because shes a CEO of a law firm . See why I wanna be a lawyer ? To follow in her footsteps . My dad is married to a white woman and lives in Florida with my stepsister Shannon . I dont like neither of them & I barely go out there .

Ring ring ring*

Me: hello ?

Naomi: Me and mama going of out town for the weekend so tell mama Carrie she dont have to make me a plate .

Me: okay and dont worry cause she gone on another business trip .

Naomi: *chuckles* as usual but Ill call you later . . . Mama calling me to get in the car . Love you bye

Me: Love you too .

*convo over*

I decided to take a nap . When I got cozy in the bed I heard somebody banging on the front door . I get up and run downstairs and open the door and I was shocked as hell .