Chapter 16

"So, do you have a thing for him?"

Jungkook gulps. Did he?

"N-No?"

He knows he's blown it because the boys all begin to hoot and howl and Jungkook's face turns a bright red. They're never gonna let him live this one down.

"Keep it down, will you? He'll wake up." He hisses, shifting on the couch to get comfortable. Taehyung is still in his lap, drool and all, and Jungkook can't feel his legs anymore.

Seokjin laughs loudly and slaps Jungkook's arm, "Oh, you're really whipped!"

Taehyung whines in his arms, snuggling deeper into his shoulder and Jungkook grunts when his nose digs into his bare skin, hot breath ghosting on the patch below his ear.

"Yeah no, hate to break it you guys but it ain't true," Jimin, who had been quiet until then, finally speaks up. His eyes are still hazy and he keeps stealing glances at the mint haired boy sitting opposite him but his voice comes out hard and clipped. Jungkook knows he's still under influence, can smell the stench of alcohol on everyone surrounding him and he prays to every God so that Jimin doesn't reveal anything about Taehyung.

"Yeah, Jimin's right. I don't have feelings for him." Jungkook says, slightly bristled that no one seems to believe him.

That's the truth, right? Jungkook doesn't like Taehyung. Right?

"Then what's he doing in your lap like that?" Yoongi's voice cuts through the air and Jungkook stutters for a reply, shifting on the couch to get more comfortable.

He hears someone snicker and looks to his right to see Namjoon and Jin whispering something to each other and his eyes narrow. He doesn't need this shit right now.

"Alright." Jungkook adjusts Taehyung in his hold and hooks his arm under the boy's knees and another behind his waist. Taehyung is heavier than him and Jungkook realizes that he should really start working out again when he stumbles up to his feet, feeling lightheaded all of a sudden. Taehyung's head falls back and Jungkook has to tear his eyes away from his pretty face.

"I'm going to take him to Joon's room, put him to bed and forget this happened." He speaks to no one in particular and walks to the familiar room down the hallway.

Forget what happened? How? How was he supposed to forget those pretty pink lips against his? The way Taehyung looked at him? How was he supposed to forget it just like that?

So he didn't. Jungkook lets the images fester in his mind as he lays the boy down on the bed. He pulls the covers up to his chest and turns the light off, waiting a second too long to look down at the boy who'd managed to seep through the cracks of the walls he'd built around whatever was left of his heart.

Jungkook was scared now. He was scared of the power lying in Taehyung's palm. Scared because he was the one who had given the blond that power.