Chapter 14

The second day after their encounter at the rooftop, Jungkook decides to finally step out of his apartment and get himself breakfast, mainly because he's too lazy to cook and Jimin had threatened to break his neck if he skipped another meal.

Not really left with a choice, Jungkook skitters around his apartment with only a single sock on his foot, too busy looking for the other matching one to notice his phone vibrating on the couch. He thinks that he's looked everywhere for the light grey sock and is close to giving up and just going without one when he finds one peeking out of a drawer in the kitchen. He squeals, something he would later feel extremely embarrassed about, but right now, the only thought in his mind is to get something on his crazily cold feet and he doesn't think twice about the mismatching colours as he pulls on the green sock, wiggling his toes in content.

Jungkook runs his fingers through his hair a few times and pats down the few strands standing on his head. He grabs a heavy coat to put over his fleece hoodie and stuffs his wallet in the pocket. His phone is still vibrating on the couch when he walks over to it.

"Joonie?" He speaks into the device, holding it between his shoulder and ear as he walks over to the door, bending down to retrieve his boots.

"Jeon Jungkook, I've been calling since yesterday! What the fuck were you doing, not answering my calls or texts or-"

"Joon, relax. I was...busy?" He slides his feet in and bends again to tie the laces.

"...busy?"

"Yeah. Anyway, I'm going out-"

"Out?"

Jungkook straightens and holds his phone to his ear. "Yeah. For breakfast. Wanna join?"

"Yeah, I mean, I called to invite you over to my place for food but if you're paying-"

Jungkook gasps, hands on the knob, "I'll be over in ten!"

"Get Jimin with you too, will you? He doesn't have a ride and he won't ask Yoongi for one." Namjoon chuckles from the other side and Jungkook finds himself laughing too as he steps out of his apartment.

Everyone- and their dog- knew that the pink-haired boy liked the tsundere Min Yoongi but Jimin was too much of a prude to admit it.

"Yeah, okay, I'll- what the fuck!" Jungkook yells, accidently dropping his phone in shock.

He quickly bends down to pick it back up, muttering a quick apology and a promise to show up before ending the call, ignoring Namjoon's questions.

"Taehyung, what the- what are you even doing here again?!"

Jungkook doesn't know what he feels when he finds the blond sitting on the floor outside his door. Again. His eyes are blown wide in surprise and he feels slight annoyance as he watches Taehyung slowly look up at him, wiping his eyes and blinking as if he'd been woken from his slumber, a cute pout on his lips. Wait what? Cute? NO!

"Um. Hi."

Nostrils flaring, the younger boy grabs Taehyung by the arm, hauling him to his feet and slamming him against the wall because that's the most apt response to finding a possibly homeless and hungry and infuriatingly handsome boy on his door-step for the second time in a week, right?

Taehyung winces when his head hits the yellow walls, groaning out in pain. "Dude, what the fu-"

"Didn't I tell you not to show up again, huh?" Jungkook growls, sudden anger taking over his body. He's aware of his nails digging in the blond's arm but doesn't loosen his hold.

"You don't own this goddamn building, Jeon." Taehyung snarls, still in slight shock by the raven-haired boy's sudden violent outburst, but not losing his cockiness.

"I- I'm going to report your ass, Kim fucking Taehyung."

He knows he's already lost dominance when he stutters and Taehyung grins, his lips lifting up devilishly. In a mere second, Taehyung pushes his back off the wall and flips them both over, effectively trapping Jungkook between his arms.

And now, Jungkook understands how Jimin must feel every time he gets cornered by his taller friends because God, the fucking three centimetres that Taehyung has on the boy makes him feel smaller than he's ever felt.

Taehyung leans forward, his lips ghosting over Jungkook's ears and the boy stops breathing for a while, all his previous anger and bravado vanishing into the cold air.

"Listen here, bunny boy. You're not going to report me. If anything, it's going to happen the other way 'round, get it? You see those little buddies there?" Taehyung steps away slightly, pointing to the right where a single camera blinks steadily at them. He turns to Jungkook again.

"That's got enough evidence to taint your rep sheet, ya know? And in that, I'm the victim, not you." This time, he steps away completely and leans on the opposite wall with his hands stuffed in his pockets, grinning maniacally at the flustered boy. "You choose."

Jungkook is aware he's being manipulated and that it's wrong. He's also aware that the shitty camera probably isn't even working and that someone's already stolen the lens or something. He knows Kim Taehyung is playing with him. Yeah, he's not stupid. He knows he shouldn't fall for his antics. He knows...

Two minutes later, Taehyung is shuffling inside the passenger seat of Jungkook's sedan.