Chapter 7

He calls Jimin.

"Jimin, I-"

"It's 3:18, you dipshit. You better be dying or I'm kicking your ass later."

Jungkook sighs, his phone pressed to his ear, his fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt as he sits back against the wall.

"I'm not dying but-"

"You will be. Soon."

"I think I killed someone."

There's silence on the other end of the line before he hears Jimin mumble something.

"What?" Jungkook presses the device closer to his ear, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I said I'll be there in ten. Don't leave."

Jimin hangs up and Jungkook lets out a breath, turning his phone off and putting it in his pocket. He leans his head against the pale yellow wall. His surroundings reek of cheap alcohol and he's too scared to look to his left where the stranger lies. Now that he thinks about what he did, Jungkook feels heat rush up to his face. He knows he acted on impulse. The exhaustion was messing with his brain and making him even more reckless, impulsive and just... dumber than he already felt. The raven-haired boy sighed, feeling guilty. He hoped he didn't hit the stranger too hard.

This was not what he wanted to come home to.

He doesn't even know when and how he falls asleep but he wakes up to Jimin nudging his side with his shoe. Jungkook blinks up at him, squinting against the bright lights as he stretches his arms out.

"Jimin." His voice is hoarse and he briefly wonders how long he slept.

Jimin rolls his eyes. He's still in his pyjamas and his usual happy aura is replaced by an annoyed glare.

Understandable.

"I know my name, dumbass."

Jungkook just nods. He knows it's not Jimin's fault that he's like a grumpy ogre right and if he starts an argument with him now then he'll have to deal with the probable-dead-body alone.

So he sucks up to Jimin's grumblings and snarky comments and gets to his feet.

"I still can't believe you made me come out here at- Wait, why does this smell like... You're drunk, aren't you? Kookie, I-"

Jungkook grabs the elder boy's arm and glares at him before he can utter another word. He already feels like he's got tiny men hammering away at the back of his skull and he can barely keep himself upright due to the exhaustion. He doesn't need Jimin's questions and accusations now.

"I'm not drunk. I..."

"You what?"

Pursing his lips, Jungkook lets go of Jimin's arm and steps towards where the dead stranger was. Except, he wasn't dead anymore.

"Hi, there, crackhead. And... crackhead's short friend. You done smashing bottles on random guys?"

Jungkook stumbles back, his back hitting Jimin's chest. Jimin's arms immediately come around his waist to keep him steady as he wobbles on his feet, staring at the blond boy leaning against his door with a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips.

The blond's perfect eyebrows quirk up in amusement as he stares at the flustered boy. His fingers wrap around the cigarette and he takes the cancerous stick out of his mouth, blowing a ring of smoke and watching it disperse in the air. He also notes the way the shorter boy's arms wrap around the raven-haired boy. They must be close. He drops the cigarette and crushes it under his shoe. He looks up with a twinkle in his dual-colored eyes.

"Well, now that you're awake..." The blond leans away from the door, his eyes fixed on the two boys in front of him, "Can you open up? I smell like old brandy and my eye hurts. and I want to shower too." He points to the door.

Jungkook can feel Jimin poking his stomach with his thumbs but his brain refuses to work.

He's alive?

"Who is he? Do you know him? Why are his eyes two different colors? Where's the body? I swear I'll end your existence if this is a prank, Kookie."

"He." Jungkook points to the blond. "He's the body. He was dead."