I. Weird

weird things were happening yesterday. how weird you ask? i'm talking 'i met 4 mutant ninja turtles who tried to kill me also while saving my life' weird. yep, weird.

you guys probably want to know how i met them. well, let's rewind back just a little bit.

~~~

okay, so my older cousin, april, my sister, brenda, and i were in the news van with vern, the channel 6 news cameraman, and saw there was alot of traffic. of course, there will be traffic. it's new york.

then out of nowhere, people began to runnin different directions, screaming and yelling as they did. i didn't know what was going on, but i wanted to find out. and i guess april had the same idea. april began to climb out of the van, me following behind her then brenda.

"o'neil! ramsys!" vern shouted from the van as we ran into the direction people were running from.

"what's going on? what the hell's happening?" brenda asked as we ran towards the subway stairwell where everyone was running through.

"i don't know. but we're about to find out in a second." i assured as i went down the stairs first. april went in after me then brenda. i jumped over the ticket booth and i hid behind a pillar when i heard screams and men yelling. april and brenda came up to me and i nodded.

just as i rounded the pillar, someone grabbed my hair and held me in a choke hold. two more came out, grabbed april and brenda, and hauled us down the stairs towards the station.

as we walked, i saw that the foot clan were setting up what looked like bombs. my eyes widened before i was thrown to the ground, along with april and brenda.

"hey! push me one more time and i will-" brenda's stubborn self was interrupted by the butt of a gun hitting her in the face.

"shut up!" the man yelled before he stomped away. i scotted closer to brenda and placed a hand on the bloody scar she got on her face.

"i'm fine. don't worry." she snapped as she lightly slapped my hand away. i sighed and sat with her. after about 5 minutes or so, the leader woman began to shout at someone. i slightly grasped brenda's hand, which she didn't release from as the woman walked towards us.

"you!" she shouted to me as my heart dropped. "stand up! now!"

brenda glared up at the woman and held me down, but it was only did the woman pull out a gun and took it off safety did she slowly let me go.

"now! up!" the woman snapped as she roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me up to my feet. then there was yelling on the tracks. then the lights went out. i was scared for my life as i felt the barrel of the gun to my temple. the lights from the subway train flicked as it went through. then out of nowhere, this large figure appeared.

"duck!" they said as i dropped and the woman was thrown into a wall and knocked out cold. as i looked back up at the figure. i saw a streak of blue and then it disappeared into the construction shaft near the wall.

"what the hell?" i asked myself before i walked up to it and looked through. it led up to the roof and that's where the figure would be.

"el!" i turned to see april and brenda as they approached. "what was that?"

"i don't know, april. but i'm about to find out." i said determinedly as i looked back at the shaft.

"i'm coming with you. i need to prove more to my boss that they can be the same vigilantes that stopped the foot back at the docks." she stated as i nodded. i looked at brenda for her response.

"hey, i'm going because i got to watch your backs. just in case these vigilantes want some of this." brenda stated as she showed her fist and it turned metal.

"hey, bren. there will no fight. we'll just talk to them." i said in assurance as we nodded to each other and we raced out of the subway station.

~

as i climbed up the staircase leading to the roof, i heard cheering and yelling as i got closer. when i got to the last set, there was a ladder and i climbed it. as i did, i saw 4 figures, they all looked the same just like the blue streak.

i climbed down and looked back at april and brenda.

"there's 4 of them." i whispered in shock as both of their eyes widened.

"i thought you said there was only one." brenda whisper shouted to april as she rolled her eyes.

"i was wrong. okay? let go." brenda sighed softly in frustration as i shook my head.

"i'm going up there." april said as she pulled out her phone and began to climb the ladder. when she stopped, i heard the figures talk before there was a flash.

shit.