taylor.

I was planning on using the window to get into Joey's house, but for once, I decided to use the front door. And surprisingly, it was unlocked. I assumed Joey ran into the house in a rush.

I knew Joey's mom wasn't home, she normally works from nine to seven. And it's only three right now.

When I opened the door, I could hear Joey's sobs echoing throughout the house. My poor baby, why's he crying?

I made my way up the stairs that led to Joey's room, and I saw that the door was cracked open.

When I stopped at the door, I stopped.

There Joey was, his hoodie pulled up and revealing the one thing that he's hid from me for so long.

Joey wasn't a boy. He was a girl.

My heart sped faster in confusion. Why would he hide this from me?

"Joey?" I said, and he whirled around.

"Corey!" He jumped and pulled his hoodie down. "Just leave me alone!"

I took a few more steps closer, and he backed away.

"I'm disgusting okay? Now you know! Just leave!" He cried. My poor baby. My heart ached at the sight of him.

"Joey calm down. It's fine-"

"Fine? Fine? No Corey this isn't fine! I'm a fucking girl! You're into guys! I'm nothing to you!"

Joey sat on his bed and continued to cry, and I slowly made my way over to him. Er- her. I don't really know anymore. I was soon about to find out.

When I reached Joey's bed I tried running a hand through their hair, but they pulled away.

"Stop Corey. I don't need your pity. Just leave. I know you want to..."

"Joey-"

"Joana!" They spat, "my real name is Joana."

I stared at him, not sure what to say. Not in a bad way or anything. I just don't want to upset him even further. I can't stand seeing him in this much pain.

"What do you want me to call you?" I asked softly.

"...Joey."

I gently grabbed him by the chin and made him look at me. "Joey, whether you're male, female, they, or if you sexually identify as a drumstick I...I still love you."