Chapter 2

Medusa had been watching Cel all day, and she had become very bored since all Cel did was stumble around. Finally Cel got tired and choose a spot to lay down. Before she could fall asleep Medusa ran outside “Cel are you hungry at all?”

All the ancient stories say Medusa is a big bad monster and she is not to be messed with. But that was not true at all. After getting caught in Athens temple with Poseidon she ran away into the mountains thinking she would be alone forever. That wasn’t the case though. Medusa had fallen pregnant by Poseidon with twins. When it had become time and she had given birth she realized these were not normal twins, there was something different about them.

While one was a normal human body the other was a bit odd. The child had fur, and wings, and sometimes neighed. Medusa had given birth to a pegasus! And since Poseidon had broken up with her she had to take care of the children on her own. She had become very kindhearted, caring and motherly. As the years went on and it was time for her children to leave her they had become kind and caring.

Though her children visited her from time to time Medusa still longed for a person to care for, so when Cel had waltzed into her life Medusa took it as a sign and her motherly instincts took in to take care of the girl. “No thank you, I’m not very hungry" Cel awnsered “Are you sure? Your extremely skinny. You should eat at least something. I’m already cooking dinner for myself so how about I make you a plate?” Medusa asked. Cel thought for a minute “Actually,  now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry.”

Medusa nodded and walked into the kitchen to prepare some dinner. She cleaned some lettuce, gathered some vegetables and prepared a salad for her and Cel. Once she was finished she put it in two bowls and walked outside to call Cel.

When she approached her she saw Cel looking forwards at the sunset. “Pretty isnt it?” Cel jumped a little when Medusa spoke from behind her “This is what I love about this mountain. It’s always nice to sit out here reading or watching the sun.” She finished. “Ya it’s really nice, from my house you couldn’t see this kind of thing because of the towns all around" Cel said sadly.

Medusa looked at her quizzically “Cel, do you miss your family” she asked. Cel looked away from the sunset at Medusa “My parents were never the best but I do miss them. I also miss all my siblings even though they were always a pain.” Cel concluded looking forwards the farmlands in the distance, “What about you? I’m guessing you had family before Athena cursed you. Do you ever miss them?” Medusa sighed remembering all the signs on the villages asking if anyone had seen the missing girl. “Yes. Very much. I had to run away when I got cursed so they were very worried.” Medusa said “But they never stopped looking for me, they thought someone had taken me so they put up signs everywhere. Even when the stories got out they were still looking for me. I guess they just wanted to know I was safe.”

Medusa sighed remembering what her family went through and all the lonely nights she spent. “Cel. Can I ask you a question?” Cel looked up again “What is it?” Medusa paused a minute “Why did your parents kick you out?”