THIRTEEN - SUMMER VACA PART TWO

June was slow, for Dev at least

June was slow, for Dev at least. She went out with her brothers a lot, going around with them to the tourist parts of New York and also showing them her favourite places in the city. She also got to hang out a bit with Harry whenever her family was busy; it was more rarely than she would have liked. Matt and Brendon also wanted to meet Peter and Ned, but  the latter pair seemed to both be extremely busy. Peter was always off at his internship, and Ned was being sent to various academic camps by his parents.

Other than that, Dev's summer was fairly well. Even though New York was humid, she enjoyed the relaxing, summer vibes. Her brothers kept her busy with their antics and hyperness (mostly Matt). She forgot how nice it was to live together as a more-or-less complete family. Her da seemed more cheerful with the other two boys around. Brendan always made him more happy, and of course, Matt was a bit of a favourite also. Dev had also realised that she missed all the little things she loved about her brothers.

Brendan had was the pride of the family, the actually successful one of the three. He had always been their da's favourite. He had always had great grades, responsibility, and a sense of charm everyone who had ever met him appreciated. He was the once who went in their da's footsteps, becoming a lawyer and eventually going to UCLA for law school. Brendan was the second quietest of the three and also the eldest, meaning he had the most hurt from when their mother had left them. He was kind inside, but they all knew he had grown up too quickly.

Matt, on the other hand, was not growing up quick enough (as Brendan liked to say). He was pretty much everyone's favourite sibling, even Dev's. The loud and boisterous Irish college student loved music as much as he loved his family, which was saying a lot. He was always cheerful and energetic, putting a smile on every face who saw him. He and Dev were best of friends, as they were the younger siblings and had to go through most of their family's hardships together. He played piano and guitar, and also sang. Along with his best friend Marc (who apparently could play every instrument on the planet), they had made quite a popular band in their college dorm rooms and nearby Irish pubs.

Dev didn't know another family as unique as her's, and she was very proud. She loved her brothers to bits, as they had all supported each other through thick and thin.

Then, a few days later, her summer vacation fell apart.

H: hey dev

D: hey harry lol

D: what's up

H: uh do u wanna meet up somewhere? i gotta talk about something

D: oh

D: um ok

D: what happened?

H: nothing nothing

H: meet at starbucks in half an hour?

D: sure