EIGHT - LUNCH?

The marathon was great

The marathon was great. Dev forgot how much she adored Star Wars, although she tried to stay cool at Peter's. His aunt was extremely nice, and they stayed up for a long time, watching the movies and debating about random theories. Dev's dad picked her up at around 2am after she called that she was too tired to take the subway. Thank goodness the next day was a Sunday.

Dev was taking a nap, when her phone buzzed. It was a text from Harry.

H: hey! i had a lot of fun yesterday :D

D: me too - we should do it again sometime

H: really?

H: that sounds great!

H: we can talk about it at school maybe?

D: sure

H: see ya! have fun with chem hw btw, it's a killer

D: ha thanks i'll probably ace it

H: whatever you say dev

H: ciao

D: ciao

Dev smiled to herself. He was being strangely nice for some reason. She told herself to not listen to his sweetness, but somehow, she felt like he couldn't be that bad of a guy. There's good in everyone, no matter what had happened in the past.

//

The next month flew past. Before they knew it, Dev and her various friends found themselves halfway done with freshmen year. December came with a flurry of snow and finals. Dev loved the white winter. She hadn't seen it in California, so it was a great surprise. And in between the stress and studying for exams, her and Harry's relationship got better. The pair went out on small study dates full of coffee, jokeful complaining, and lots of fun. Dev realised that she might have found someone she actually would like as more than just a friend.

Along with finals, two mysterious vigilantes roamed New York City. They didn't seem to be working together, but they did have a similarity of catching muggers and being a help to people. One newspaper article by a reporter named Jameson had been all about them and was titled "Spider-Man Has Competition - Mystery Wings Takes to the Sky!" From then on, the newest vigilante was nicknamed Wings. Few had seen him, or it, but from their vague descriptions, the person had big wings and always wore black. Dev noticed Peter was especially interested in Wings. He claimed it was because "flying was cool," but she wondered if there was another reason.

"Hey, what did you get for #6?" Peter asked. Dev snapped her head up, causing her to groan in slight pain. The two were Facetiming for the upcoming math final. She pushed her hair back and looked down at her paper.

"Didn't do it yet," she replied, her accent getting through her words. He laughed.

"Ok cool, well I got x equals 109 and I have no idea if that is right," he shrugged.