20~ Animals Can Talk?!

It had been about one week, exactly, since I was turned into a vampire. And all I ever got to do was walk in the nearby woods by Darren's home and drink blood every morning to satisfy my craving.

Darren said in time my craving for blood would turn into a thing I need less. In time I would need blood only one time a week and then only one time a month.

'Crack' went the leaves and branches under my every footstep. It was really quiet and peaceful in the woods. Too quiet...

I heard an almost low 'purr' sound in the distant somewhere. Fur being rubbed against trees while it walked. Leaves made soft 'crunch' sounds, under it's paws.

"Who's there?" I called out.

I felt a nudge at my hand. A cold, wet nose leaving it's print on my hand at my side.

"Hey!" I called out, turning around, frightened for a second.

I kneeled on the ground. Petting the white and grey-silver wolf. What really got me off guard were the eyes! They were so blue!

"Hey, little buddy" I said with a smile. Running my hands through the fur.

Something told me the wolf was masculine. It was huge. And full of beautiful fur. And had beautiful blue eyes, almost human like.

"What'cha doing all the way here?" I said in a cooing voice. "I didn't even think wolves existed here. Much-less friendly ones" I laughed.

The wolf pressed his head closer to my hand. Closing his eyes and rubbing his head. He looked happy.

"Well, I'm glad you're here too. I was getting all lonely" I laughed again.

His eyes opened. What was really weird was that he looked like he was giving me a smile. Was it even possible that a wolf could smile? Let alone a human kind of smile?

"You, my buddy, look like a handsome wolf" I said to him, touching the top of his head.

He closed his eyes for a brief second, before opening them again.

"My name is Candice, little wolf...I wonder what I should call you!" I pondered the idea.

I took a seat in the green leaves, next to the beautiful wolf. The wolf just sat there looking at me, in wonder. I looked around me, searching for ideas. I looked at the sky.

"Maybe I should call you sky! Because of your beautiful eyes!"

He just stared at me.

Then I thought about the weather.

"Maybe I should call you snow! Because of your almost white fur coat!"

The wolf put a paw up. Covering his eyes, in distaste. Then placed his paw back down.

"You don't like it? Me either then" I smiled.

Then I thought about normal names. A male's name.

"How about Charles?"

A paw to the face.

"Logan?"

A paw to the face, again.

"Ash!" I said. "Kinda like your fur colors!" I said liking the idea.

He just stared at me.

"I'm taking that as a yes" I laughed. I petted his head once more.

'You are one smart girl' someone else's voice spoke. A man's.

I looked around me. But, I saw no one. I scratched my head in confusion.

I touched the wolf's head again. He closed his eyes, yet again, in the process.

'I love her touch' the voice almost purred this time.

I pulled my hand back. Trying to look around, yet again.

I stood up, "Is someone else here?!" I asked out loud to the air.

The wolf, stood on all paws, looking around. Like he understood what I was saying. He had a confused expression on, almost human like. Weird.

'Is something wrong?' the voice said again. All the while the wolf stared at me.

I neared the wolf, narrowing my eyes suspiciously.

"You talk?" I had slowly, looking at the wolf.

'What is she talking about? I didn't speak did I?' the male voice said again. The wolf staring at me.

"Okay so maybe you didn't speak" I said pointing to the wolf, backing away.

If someone wasn't talking and I could hear them, then maybe... someone was thinking?

But that wasn't possible, right? I couldn't read minds, right? Or could I?

"Okay I want you to think the word yes" I pointed at the wolf in command.

He gave me a side tilt to his head, in confusion.

'Yes?' 'Yes' 'Yes?'

"Holy smokes! I can!" I rolled my eyes in disbelief. I started backing away from the wolf. Astounded at what I just discovered.

I could read minds? Especially animals?!

I freaked out. I started running out of the woods, away from the wolf. Running inside the house, Darren's house.

I ran quickly, in vampire speed straight into my room. Holding my head between my hands and into the pillows. I couldn't believe it. But, I wanted to make sure, it was really true. If it was possible.

I heard a knock at my door. My body instantly getting up from the pillows to look. In came Darren.

"What's wrong, Candice?" Darren said with a concerned look. "You look like you've seen a wild animal"

I gave him a nervous look. "Can I obtain an ability to mind read?" I asked curious.

************************

SOOO! How do u think the story is turning out so far?! Comment below to let me know! And of course vote to remind me to go on!

What do you think the wolf is? Is he like any other wolf or..........?

Or can u guess why I put him there? Or his purpose was / is? COMMENT BELOW!! ^,.,^

~Rubi ^,.,^