13~ By The Vampire Counsel

It had been two days already since I had last seen Darren. I was pretty surprised that I hadn't heard anything of Darren's persistence to find me. I was kinda worried Darren would pop out from a shadow and scream at me for leaving.

It was currently the middle of the day in the woods. Damien brought me to where he lived. In a large cabin, with luxury. But for some reason I didn't want to just sit in a cabin with Damien inside. I needed air, I needed to discover something to take my mind off the decision of living with Damien was the best option for now. So, I took off into the woods while Damien went to take a shower.

I jumped on large boulders and rocks, never once losing balance. My mind was actually only focused on not losing my balance and not slipping off rocks, as I made my way over rocks and twigs. But I went crashing down as soon as sunlight hit my eyes, blinding me.

My mind was no longer in competition mode. I looked around at my surroundings. I was near a small waterfall. I could feel the breeze that the waterfall carried. It smelled of flowers and sea or rain hitting concrete.

I started picking rocks and throwing them into the pond, trying to make the rock skip over water, like I'd seen in movies. I was so determined to do it, I almost missed that someone was there too, with me. Instead kicking rocks, not throwing them.

"What's wrong Damien?" I stopped what I was doing and looked at him in confusion.

Had I done something to upset him? If he was kicking rocks violently, that probably meant something was up. Something that made him mad?

He came walking towards me with a sigh. I looked at him while my stomach turned in pain, and uneasiness.

"We have trouble. It seems that Darren has talked to the vampire counsel" he confessed.

"So?" I questioned.

"The vampire counsel has contacted me, personally, with very bad news" he said looking hard at the ground.

"And?" I almost plead to know the answer of his worries.

"The vampire counsel wants me to give you back to Darren or else..." he stopped with a frustrated exhale, trailing off.

"Or else, what?!" I almost screamed the last part in anger and anticipation.

Why was Damien so afraid of the vampire counsel? What could the vampire counsel possibly do to us?

"Or else, they will kill me. For disobeying and messing up the family line tradition" he said it almost inaudible, but I somehow caught it.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They wanted to kill him, just because I wasn't with Darren. Who the hell were those people to tell me how to live my life?? Telling me who I should and shouldn't be with!

"But why is it mandatory that I should be with Darren?" I asked fuming.

"Because he's going to be the next king!" Damen said it as if he despised Darren's guts.

"So? That doesn't mean that I want to be queen!" I responded with rage too. Not hate towards him, but at the world.

"Candice" he said my name, placing his hands on both sides of my face. Sending shivers down my spine cord.

"You have to know the past in order to understand the present and future" he whispered, looking into my eyes. He dropped his hands and started to walk the opposite direction of me.

"Tell me!" I called out to him, "Tell me the past to understand now!" I almost begged in distress of not understanding the state I was in.

He wasn't paying attention to me and that's when my blood boil at his ignorance. Not long after a shot of pain went through to my heart. I instantly fell to the ground, with a thump, buckling my knees under for the fall.

Then my legs surged with power and energy, under me. In quick speed, I instantly pinned Damen to the nearest tree. As soon as I saw Damen's expression of amazement, my anger vanished and left me astounded at my actions.

"Tell me now, Damien" I demanded, pinning his left shoulder to the tree.

"You wanna know the truth? Fine! You were suppose to be my mate! Not Darren! But the Fvcking vampire counsel said 'no' as punishment for leaving my throne for more than five year ago!" he growled in anger trying to keep it in and not lash out at me directly.

"I'm suppose to be your mate?" my voice cracked in confusion, I barely noticed it was my voice.

"Supposed to, yeah. Now your Darren's since he's next on throne. I'm sorry, Candice for ditching the throne. If I'd known it was you I'd stay even if I got tortured. It's just those people made me sick!" he said.

I let my hands fall to my sides, understanding reality. I was Darren's, whether I liked it or not. And it seemed even if I thought I had a chance to be with Damien, it would only result in death before we were together.

"I guess that there is nothing you and I can do" I muttered, walking away from him.

I felt pity kick in my heart as I started to walk back to the cabin. I really needed to think all of this. I was torn between Darren and Damien. I hated the fact, life was making me crazy.