013 ─── suds .

poison and blood
013  ───  suds .

poison and blood013  ───  suds

" i can keep myself alive, thank you very much "

anastasia's view

        ℑ disliked sunny days for one simple reason: it meant goodbye to my jeans and leather jackets, and hello to shorts. Not that I didn't like shorts, because there was no denying that I looked good in them, but I much preferred my winter wear. I was probably the only human being in history who preferred winter over summer, but I was never one to conform with the masses.

When I woke up to bright rays of sunlight through my window instead of my screaming alarm, a scowl contorted my lips. I wished I had drawn the curtains together before I went to sleep the night before, but now that I was awake, I knew I wasn't going to get any more beautyrest.

I pulled myself out of bed, glancing at the clock before dragging myself over to my bedroom door. I had set my alarm earlier that morning so I could stop by the Boarding House before school, but it seemed I was going to have some extra time.

I walked out into the hallway but immediately flinched backwards when Elena barrelled past me towards the bathroom. I watched as she disappeared without a word, but I could've sworn I saw her normally stick-straight hair in mangled curls. Bad hair day? She did have a panicked look on her face.

Glancing down the other end of the hallway, I saw Jeremy's door ajar, revealing his sleeping form tangled in his army green duvet. Both of my siblings were accounted for, but I couldn't see Aunt Jenna.

A second later, pots clanged in the kitchen, telling me exactly where Jenna was.

Taking in the empty hallway for one more second, I turned back and walked back into my room, shutting the door behind me.

It took me about half an hour to pick an ensemble and get ready, but I didn't look terrible. I still stubbornly took my leather jacket with me, though. I picked out an old pair of bleached, ripped jean shorts and a loose grey t-shirt, tossing my leather jacket over my shirt. I left my hair down in its natural curls, tossing on a pair of silver aviator sunglasses.

Jeremy, Elena and Jenna were conversing in the kitchen when I left, so absorbed in what they were doing that they didn't notice me slip past them. I grabbed my car keys silently, taking my car instead of my motorcycle because of the shorts.

It was a quick drive to the Boarding House, but long enough to send me dwelling into my thoughts. Ever since the Founder's Party, I had been debating whether to tell Stefan about the Council or not. The Founder's Council knew that there were vampires in town, which was bad for Stefan. But I had refrained from approaching him for the last few days, simple because of my new no-more-Salvatores rule.