Chapter 7

I awoke the next morning the sun shining in my face; I sat up in a flurry of feathers. I had no recollection of what had happened yesterday night before. I got out of ben and one of the maids stopped in her tracks and looked at my bed, I looked at her with half open eyes and shrugged my shoulders. Walking off into the bathroom I stepped out my gown and got in the shower. I was standing there head tilted toward the celling letting the water pound my face. I couldn’t remember last night to save my life. I shook it off and stepped out the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out the bathroom, halfway to my closet I heard Nick’s voice.

So how are you feeling, he inquired, eye brow rose

I jumped at the sound of his voice booming in the spacey room. ‘I’m fine. Why do you ask?’ I raised an inquiring eyebrow back at him.

He smiled. ‘No reason in particular, I’m just wondering. After all we were all out late last night.’ He said

I tried to remember last night but foggy glimpses clouded my thoughts, but something was missing that much I was sure of but when I tried to search for it my head began to hurt.

So what do you remember from the other night, he smiled at me?

I remember going out, I remember dancing and drinking. I shook my head

And that’s all, he pushed

I stopped and looked at him he was standing in my face now. Did something happen last night? I asked.

Hum nope not that I can recollect on, he walked away from my eye contact. He was lying.

You’re lying; I said and began to back away. I put my hands to my head and tried to remember.

Natasha stop it, he urged and walked towards me.

The moment he grabbed my hand it all came back in a whirlwind. His touch, his hand upon my hand, his kiss. I looked at him through glazed over eyes.

Natasha I’m so sorry, he pleaded. I ran towards the bathroom door, and he was in front of me again.

Please Natasha don’t be mad at me, he pleaded he reached out for my hand and I snatched it away.

Get Out! I yelled. I stumbled back he walked towards me.

Get away from me! I yelled and he grabbed my face and kissed me. I swung back and smacked him in his face; after I did it I was afraid. I backed away and he came towards me and I fell back onto the bed, he stopped and looked at me, and turned on his heel and walked out, he looked back at me one last time and left out. I curled up on the bed and tried to force myself into a slumber. Eventually it came to me just as I had beckoned it to. I awoke hours later it was night time. Still wrapped up in my towel. I laid there for a while. And stared out into the darkness I finally got up and went in the bathroom and stood in the mirror, my straight hair was gone, and back were my natural bouncy curls. I went into my closet and pulled out this floral dress and some white flats and went outside, in the dimly lit garden standing amongst the rose garden I was perfectly happy. I started spinning in circles I fell to the ground and rolled around amongst the flowers I looked up at the moon and smiled. For a second life was still and I felt like it was all going to be ok.  I got up and dusted my dress off I turned and ran right into Erick.

Just when I thought this night was perfect, I said and turned to walk away there he was aging.

Please Natasha hear me out, he pleaded

No I don’t want to hear it, I said and backed away, I shook my head.

Please! Was what I did so wrong, he pleaded?