Chapter 4

When I opened my eyes, he was lying next to me, sleeping; he looked so peaceful, happily engrossed in his dreams, I rolled over carefully in hopes of not waking him up, it better to let sleeping monsters lie. As soon as m foot touched the ground I felt his cold hands on my legs, his lips at my ankle, I looked back and then looked down into his smoldering red eyes as if the fire in them had been extinguished. Something about him gave me a feeling, a good feeling, but I couldn’t fall into that, he was a monster and that was all he ever would be, but he wasn’t being mean he was being nice, so I decided to lighten up on him.

I tried not to wake you, my voice quivered.

Are you cold? He asked

Yeah to a certain degree, I remarked, he put his hand to my forehead and walked away, I watched him walk away, and disappear off into a room, he emerged seconds later holding a black Polo sweat suit, and a white long sleeve shirt, I took it out his hand and he grabbed mine and lead me into the bathroom, he sat me on the counter, grabbed a rag doused it in hot water and began to rub at my neck with it, when I saw the blood on the rag pieces of the night started to flutter back into my mind, my body stiffened as I remembered the events before, then he put his hands on my face and looked me into my eyes.

I looked into her eyes, her big green eyes, I felt I could drown in them, I hated that she hated me, I don’t blame her for what I’ve done, but I couldn’t help it. I flashed back to when I first saw her, 2 years ago, looked a little younger than she did now but that didn’t bother me she was still beautiful and now she looked gorgeous. She wouldn’t have come with me willingly. She’d never love a monster like me and now she never will, but if I can’t have her I’ll be damned if I let someone have her, this way she’s always close to me, under my protection, under my watchful gaze making sure she is ok, where I can touch her, talk to her, give her the love I’ll never get in return.  This I was willing to live with if it meant me and her could be together no matter how fictional in may be, even though it was all just a dream, I never wanted to wake up. I looked at the bite marks on her neck already they were fading away. I wanted her, I could just Haze her into bed with me but then she’d just be throwing herself at me and I didn’t want that, if she was going to give it to me I wanted it to be of her own free will, hopefully one day she’ll be the human I know her to be, give into her inhibitions and fall into my ever loving arms.

I looked into his red eyes and I swore I saw a hint of allure, something screaming out at me that he wasn’t a monster but I was very reluctant to believe that he wasn’t the monster I thought him to be and I refused to accept it. I pushed his hands away and got up, his looks were starting to wear on me some force deep down inside was making me want him. I splashed water on my face, made my hormones sit down and relax inhaled. I could feel him behind me breathing smelling me. he put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around to face him. He touched my chin, stepped closer to him me, wrapped his hands around my waist, kissed my cheek, my neck, then finally my lips, I fell into him before I even knew I was about to hit the ground. His hands moved up to my chest he started to massage them, I began to kiss back and the kiss deepened,  his hands gripped my butt he sat me down on the counter, my back against the mirror, I felt his ice cold hands travel under my shirt, my body begged for his touch. He kissed my neck, then I felt his teeth penetrate again, this time there was no pain but a surge of ecstasy whipped through my body. His hand was touching the mirror, then it suddenly shattered, he back away, blood lingering on his lips giving them a pulpous red look.

What? I asked

Not like this, he breathed, wiped his mouth, and looked at me. I felt a questing lingering in the air.

What? I asked again

He shook his head and walked out, I heard the door close. I slid to the floor, and my breathing came back to me slowly, when things get heated the air sure does get thick. I stood up looked at my neck. Just when I thought god was done with his sense of humor he puts me in a house full of vampires, just my luck.