Dawn

The sun took it's time leaking from it's pit, with half it's figure buried beneath, still it claimed brighter then any jewel. Four watched the sky grow in light from the patio made of old wood. Two with anxious smiles, and when the brightest jewel reached it's peak, it did nothing to disappoint.

"It's beautiful," said Megan. Her scarlet hair blowing with the touch of wind. "It is," replied a serene voice. Megan glanced behind. "Look who's fallen asleep, again," the girl said with a tired smile. A palish toned man and girl leaned back against the home's walls past her finger's aim, the girl who seemed more in life drifting to the the man's shoulder as both remained in what looked to be a delightful slumber.

"Good, they deserve a decent rest, as do you." Megan turned her head back to the sun, it's light still shrouded by the fading dark blue sky. "You should ... get some sleep too, L-" Before the girl could finish her thought, she too had also found a well deserved rest, on Astral's shoulder no less.

After successfully opening the door leading into their room without waking a soul, Astral lifted Megan as gently as a feather, and slowly laid her on the bed placed in the room's back and center, before doing the same with other little lady. The room was big enough, three doors, one bed and four people. Though it's lack in size was never truly felt due to the fact that the number is never reached when night arrived, and often before as well. Astral went to shut the left open patio door, and as expected, the pale man was gone. He closed the exit tenderly before heading to the door at the head of the bedroom leading into the hallway. His grey eyes glancing once more at the two young woman with a smirk. The light finding their faces with ease, as the dark their youngest other. "Children," he whispered simply, then taking his exit as quiet as the wind.

The youngest moved with purpose through shadows made by a spread of apple trees paralleled on both his shoulders. He was grateful to be out of the light's view. His eyes wouldn't be able to endure much in transition, already slipping out of grey's grip while keeping his chin low just in case, and in time, returning to a casual black.

He'd forgotten what he was doing, maybe he'd spaced out again for awhile. But since his legs now trailed the ends and edge of the village, he had a good idea of where to proceed. The area he now roamed was much like a small forest, peaceful and near silent. The grassy path began from behind Ms.Clark's home, he often wondered how such a nice place came to be. He drifted through here as much as possible, for different reasons. Sometimes he craved the quiet, the green, blue and red butterflies floating at their leisure. The way the trees smirked at him when he rumbled through thoughts and fears. Other times, he craved the peace, because everywhere else he was reminded firmly of the truth. He could feel the wrath of nature echo through the breeze, humane or no. But sometimes, more then some, even the apple path wasn't enough to calm the mind.

He avoided the light piercing through the branches and leaves above, firm cylinders stretching upon the grass in front of him. Mrs. Clark would give the three young ones a gift in currency for helping out in the shop every so often. Shiny things, large enough for most to fit in their palm. Astral pulled out three brown pouches from his bottom pockets, each with quite a bit of weight to them. If followed long enough, the apple path could lead one to many locations in Lafeya. Astral pushed open the dusty low gate protecting the residence. It is well known here that life can be rough from time to time for everyone, but without Mrs. Clark, Ms. Heather, and Mr. Washington (The three and only shop owners), Lafeya would crumble underneath itself. Even among children the fact holds true, and cannot be avoided. Even if their parents wish to hide it, our number is too small to even try. The obvious deep discounts for locals of the village, the often free food parents somehow obtained a week before pay, or clothing, even medicine. They do more then most, and deserve the respect they are given. And if any who grow too desperate and choose not to offer such, they are immediately corrected by the other adults.