Hate & Love

Now, something that could and could not be seen, or felt, was missing. The hobbled feeling followed by an uncomfortable drift carried by the wind. None moved, what emotion or thought running beneath leather and face remained hidden from searching senses. They were well trained, easily more then common bandits or soldiers. But even still their eyes could be felt, he could feel them. Tossing left and right, at the very least to confirm what had just occurred, what he had willed so simply. Astral aimed his grey eyes to the fourth, slowly lowering his hand back in his bottom's pocket, but only inches of change was needed to inspire a tightened grip on the sealed trinkets sitting on the hip of the wolf and fox. While the first, already with a blade unsheathed stood firm with the last faceless figure.

"What kind of trickery ... what kind of majik?" said the autumn fox at Astral's left, whose tone leaned more in the direction of curiosity then fear. Even still, the words brought a grin to the trickster's face. He knew that truly there was only one composed in this odd predicament. Even the less then half the average man, and more convincing intruder tensed slightly when his hand moved.

"Do you mind conversation?" The words stood out in the pale air. Blunt and diligent, while hollow as the rest. Astral's brow rose. "Not at all."

"What is your name?" the most interesting out of the lot said. Astral's eyes flipped right and left. "I cannot answer."

"I see."

"What of you? What title do you claim among your people?"

"Eden," the slim intruder replied. The three separate figures inevitably moving to the words' owner as a king bends his kingdom. It seems I am not the only one who has learned something new. "You say this village ... hidden away from the foundation was weaved by one boy?" Astral returned his eyes to the now named individual standing more then a couple steps ahead. "At one time the land did exist, along with it's warmth. I simply re-imagined it."

"I've never heard of such advanced illusion majik where the touch of sun can be imitated," Eden said. Astral snickered, shaking his head. "Nor have I, for a time what you saw was quite real." A pause appeared in their exchange in word. Maybe because his words were not believed, or could not. Or, evidence of a simple tide curving, instead of pressing fourth like neighboring waves was the case. Regardless, soon Astral spoke again, ready to continue the discussion as he found himself more entertained then he imagined himself upon their arrival.

"Why are you here, Eden?"

"I expected you to ask who gave our orders."

"I did." Eden's mask lowered for moment, raising again when word seethed again. "To eliminate all life tainted by unregistered majik within the region." Astral raised his chin within the withering fog, now nearly moist against his skin. His eyes swiftly finding the doused blade in the hand of the fox. Tainted?

"I must ask, were you alone? Aside from what was ... re-imagined."

"No," the boy surprisingly said. "But the village and majik you've come to burn is already no more."

"Your asking for us to leave without altercation." The trickster returned his sight to the interesting intruder ahead. "Further altercation. Enough life has been wasted, anyhow." Eden hesitated, "that depends."

One of the four began to fidget after those words. The sound of grass crunching grazed ears as a foot inched further away or closer. which, Astral could not discern. Frankly, he was surprised the others had even allowed the conversation to grow this fruitful without interruption. "Are the others that fled like you?" The boy's eyes moved forward again. "If I answer that question, then bloodshed can not be avoided."