III

The once heavy fog took it's time before finally beginning it's lift, revealing dark clouds on both ends of a falling sun. How jarring it's light was, a untouchable orange between walls of darkness, and bathing the girl's black hair below, held in a ponytail that swayed slightly as a gentle wind appeared. Lone leaves flipped across one of many slim streaks of red that still continued in their crawl, now passing boot and knee. The owner of the grin worn only by kings felt the boy's heart react, fluttering in a unnatural dance and beat. Resisting the urge to grab his chest, Astral's glowing eyes lowered to the maskless: her hair a potent black, her eyes like it's shadow, hiding away a irregular darkness. Something burned within them, a rare find throughout his unending time. He wondered if she was aware of it.

The girl lowered her head as quick as her knee met dirt, and was more then hesitant to raise her sights. "If you will hear me, I ask that you spare her life." The words indeed came from the girl, her interesting eyes still attached to the soaked patch of grass behind the magi.

The anger in the boy's face had now completely vanished, as if he had been drawn to different priorities. "Get up," he ordered. The girl only shook her head, resolute in declining. A exhale was heard from above, by nose and lips, soundly portraying his prickling patience.

"You know who I am." The girl glanced forward, inches above the grass for a moment, no higher then his knees before lowering again. She nodded. "It is a honor."

"Yet still you bow," Astral said slowly, pronouncing every syllable. Eden did not reply. And she didn't need to. His eyes laid on her bowed head, then shifted to the titan, who's fingers only continued inactivity. In the same breath, Eden raised her eyes again, feeling the boy's attention shifting away from herself. He could hear her heart beat now. "If you will allow me to explain why-"

"Your reason means nothing," the boy declared in hushed tone, and with it her eyes fell low again. The boy examined the titan, his eyes still as stone yet invading as illness. Waking a baiting silence while doing so. Then, his calm tongue grew alive again, after taking a step closer so that his sight neared the head of the figure's mask that still hid most features. Only an eye and fair skin could be seen, the brown eye gazing, waiting for what future she held near.

"No matter where, no matter when, if a hair is touched, the end will begin. Nod if you understand, titan." The wolf underneath the sudden fickle armor and mask obeyed.

"This will be your only warning. Relay that trinket to your leaders." The titan's chin only moved no more then a inch. And the boy's sight flipped back to Eden as her head now raised higher then before, both finally meeting eyes clearly for the first time. "My actions will surely come with conflict."

"I will stay with him until he wakes. Thank you." The boy's eyes began to fade, slowly sliding back into a solid black. As such the air mimicked the act, losing it's weight and calming at the same pace. "Until we meet again, young Eden."

"Until then," she replied, but by then the boy was on his knees, and Eden was rushing forward to break his fall.

While Megan and Sue tried to keep pace with Crow's polished speed-walk, Sue's eyes focused plainly on a family of birds, each sitting next to one another in a row on a high tree branch in the distance. She pointed a finger toward them, "Crow, what kind are those?"

"What makes you think there are more then one?" The girl's cheeks grew puffy, and Megan placed a hand on her own forehead. "Ten seconds." The way Crow turned behind to reveal his smirk hinted at Megan's glance into the future. "Haaaah? Do you not know how many different kind of animals there are?" Sue said as if blindsided. "Lions, tigers, snakes and plenty more, and all of them have others. There's a snake called a Cobra and- oh, Astral said there's such thing as a lion with white and black fur, just like my hair! He said it sleeps a lot just like me too ..." Megan's mind wandered as her sister rambled on. Her body already feeding on the energy in her voice. She glanced to the girl as her arms grew wide while detailing a beast. A smile on Crow while nodding in return. She's contagious when she gets like this, and she is never like this, unless it is needed.