Smoke

Chapter 3

Toni's POV

I woke up in a white room that smelled like smoke. I looked around and I noted a few important things.

1. I was in a small room with no windows

2. I was freezing

3. I couldn't see the smoke but it was burning my lungs.

I tried to get up but my legs weren't moving. I moved my fingers and tried to move my arm but nothing. "Help" I mouthed. Why couldn't I speak? "HELP!" I mouth again.

I leaned my head back and it hit the ground. I couldn't take it anymore, I just started crying. Tears streaming down my face, I squeezed my finger nails into my hand making blood stream down.

Then I heard a cry. A loud cry. I lifted my head up and saw this red haired girl with black mascara running down her face. Her hands were shaking then she came running at me. I saw how soft her eyes were. I'm not afraid i told myself. She rushed over to me, picked me up and wrapped her arms around me. Holding me in her lap with her head resting on mine. I don't know this girl, but boy does she know me I thought. I rested my head on her chest and I could feel her uneven breathing and her heart pounding. I could finally breathe without the smoke in my lungs. I let out a loud sigh enjoying the moment.

"I'm so glad your ok!" She whispered in mid cry. She ran her fingers through my hair which was calming.

I looked up at her and by the surprise, I could speak. "Who are you?" I asked quietly. I didn't want to move even though now realizing she's a total stranger to me.

"It's ok, I'm Cheryl. You need to wake up. You have to wake up." She started fading away. "No don't leave me!" I screamed. I tried to take her hand but it was no use, my hand just went through hers.

I found myself alone in this white room and I was colder than ever.

Betty's POV

"Cheryl we are going to go downstairs to get some warm blankets." I looked at Veronica and signaled her to leave. She nodded.

We left the room when Veronica pulled me out of the room, and her lips crashed into mine. I melted into the kiss, our mouths moving in sync. She pulled away, blushing bright red.

"Uh..let's go get those blankets." She said shyly. She took my hand and led me down the stairs to find the coat closet. The only problem about that was..there was no coat closet. But good thing there was a soft, fluffy white blanket laying on the sofa. I grabbed it and ran up the stairs to see that Cheryl was asleep with Toni in her arms. "Awwww!!" Veronica exclaimed as she wrapped her arm around my waist. I kissed her cheek and wrapped the blanket around them.

*2 hours later*

I woke up to Cheryl crying. I guess we fell asleep on Cheryl's bed because it now 2am. "Cheryl what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I had a dream that I was in this white room and I couldn't see anything but smoke. I couldn't breathe. Then I saw Toni curled up into a ball crying and ran over to her. She was so cold, I can still remember how cold she was. I put her in my lap to warm her up, she could barely speak. Then I woke up." She sniffed. I turned my attention to Toni who was stirring in her sleep. I saw her eyes flutter open. I might've let out a squeal.

Cheryl's POV

I woke up crying. Toni was all alone and cold. I wish I could go back to sleep to be with her. Wait what am I saying? I don't like her. I can't like her. Right??

I didn't even notice Betty as she squealed but really it sounded like a dying dinosaur. "Cousin Betty, just shut up please" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Cheryl shut you mouth. Toni!!" She pointed at her and I saw as her eyes were fluttering opening. I put my hands on her cheeks and whispered "Toni? Hey hun..Toni?" I blushed as I realized I called her hun.

"Oh god, who the fuck are you? Have you kidnapped me? Why am I here??" She was freaking out and scooted backwards and hit the wall.