Tic-Tac-Toe

Chapter 8

Toni's POV

"So Cheryl, what game do you wanna play?" I ask the lovely red head sitting by me on the couch.

"Well Topaz, what games do you have?" She looks at me and our eyes lock for a few seconds, she looks away with pink cheeks and a smile.

"An all time favorite shoots and ladders. Or we can play tic-tac-toe. It's not a board game but it does count." I say proudly, puffing out my chest a little. She giggles at me.

"I pick tic-tac-tie because it's easy and I don't wanna put forth a lot of effort." Cheryl says with a British tone in her voice. We both laugh and i get up to go find some Pinter paper.

She's so cute snap out of it. She's straight. I roll my eyes at the thought and sadness crept through me like when your trying to be quiet at 2am to get a drink of water. Slow and loud.

Cheryl's POV

I'm so not straight. Like not even a tad. For a while now I've thought I was maybe bi, but I haven't felt this way with a man. Toni gives me the butterflies, the full of flock of them. She's so kind, sweet, funny, and when she talks about things she loves her eyes just glisten like a million stars. I love the way she sticks her tongue out when she's thinking or when she's nervous she fiddles with her fingers. I just need her to know my feelings, but she's straight anyway, right?

Toni comes backs with 3 sheets of paper. She claims she's the best ever at this but we will see.

"Cheryl. You know the point of the game is to score before I do, not put your o's everywhere." She huffs and winks at me. My cheeks literally feel like they're on fire. I roll my eyes at her and draw another o just to make her mad, I smirked at her.

"Hey, it's not your turn!! It was mine." She pouts at me and lays on the floor, her pinks curls scattering the floor.

I lay beside her but keeping my distance from her. I'm not sure why but I feel like I'm going to rush things.

"Hey Cher." Toni turns her body to me and I do the same.

"Yes tt?" I whisper.

"Thank you." She smiles and my heart starts to flutter.

"For what?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"For everything. For being here in this very Moment with me. For making me smile and making my cheeks hurt. For trusting me when nobody else has. I felt like saying thank you." She slides her hand to mine and puts it on top of mine. Her eyes are glistening and my heart feels like it might explode.

"I should be saying thank you. You are the first person to really try and get to know me and trust me. For making me laugh when I never thought I could. For being silly. For letting my walls come down and feeling safe without them." She spoke softly. I ended up smiling like a 5 year old little girl getting a Barbie for Christmas. I'm happy in this very moment and I wouldn't change a thing about it. 

———————————————————

Hey everyone! I know this is a short chapter but it's so cute. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!