Chapter 12

Ayeshas POV

The whole team, organization, family, friends, celebrities all came to the most popular club in Cleveland. And it was reserved for them. From the get go it was turnt. Bottles of champagne were everywhere and everyone was in the best mood.

"I could live like this forever," Nellie said in awe, taking in her surroundings. I laughed at her, but before I could say anything she scurried alway. Probably to find Nick.

I wasn't alone for long. A pair of hands slithered around my eyes. "Guess who?"

"Hmm, that's a tough one," I teased. "But let me guess... Curry?" He pulled his hands away and pulled me to face him.

"How'd you know?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"The voice kind of gave it away," I replied. "And I swear, only you have that huge of hands," I laughed. He shook his head before laughing himself.

"Let's go get a drink?" I quickly shook my head yes. I was going to need something in my system if I was going to be talking to him about us.

........

We sat back down at our table after a few dances. We both had a couple drinks, but were both far from drunk.

"You sure know how to keep up!" I said, finally getting my breath back.

"Nah, I think it was the other way around," he replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah." I playfully rolled my eyes. "So how does it feel? Being a champ and all?" I said, trying to get myself to stop staring at him.

"It feels amazing. I have everything I want and need," he stopped for a moment. "Right in front of me."

I had to bite my lip to prevent myself from smiling to big. This seemed like the right moment. Now or never, right? "I've actually been wanting to talk to you."

"Talk to me," he said, with a toothless smile on his face. I looked around and decided to talk in more of a private area. I took his hand and led him to a corner in the club, with a few fancy couches and only a couple people.

"So I've been thinking," I started. He looked down at me and came closer.

"You've been thinking," he smiled, grabbing my hands in his.

"Mhmm." I thought for a second. "So lately, lets just say I've been feeling different towards you."

"Yeah?" He brought us even closer then before, us only inches apart. I bit my lip and nodded.

"The kiss, Stephen." My heart was beating so fast. "Even though I might've been half asleep, and even though I was so scared to make that move, I meant it Stephen."

I started again. "Look, I like you Stephen. I like you a lot. You make me feel things I've never felt. And I was just thinking that-."

"Stephen, baby!" A woman called. She came over to Steph and kissed him on the lips. "I'm so proud of you! I know this is what you've always dreamed of!"

I was stunned. Completely shocked. All I could do was stand there and look like a complete fool. I was a complete fool.

I slowly started to walk away. And then I started to feel the tears in my eyes. I had to get out of here.

"Ayesha, wait!" I heard Stephen say. But whoever that girl was stopped him. And I was so grateful for that.

"Babe, we have some celebrating to do." And with that my heart broke. Even though we weren't anything, it just did. And after that, he didn't try coming for me and stopping me.

"Ayesha? What's wrong?" Klay asked. He was always the nicer one of Steph's teammates.

"Can you just tell Nellie I wasn't feeling good and that I had to leave?" I asked, wiping away some tears. Without questioning it, he nodded his head yes. "Thank you." I walked out of the club and the fresh air hit me. And that's when I completely lost it.

After walking down a few blocks, I slid down one of the buildings and started to bawl my eyes out. I embarrassed myself not only in front of him, in front of everybody. Everyone knew that I liked him. But all along, he had something with someone else.

Nellies POV

"What the hell did you do?" I asked Stephen as I stormed up to him. After Klay said she was crying and I knew it had to do with him. He had a face full of regret. And when another woman approached us handing Stephen a drink, and tangling their hands together, I was the one loosing it.

"You son of a bitch. You knew how she felt and you led her on. What kind of person does that?" I asked in disgust before walking away.

"Nellie!" I heard him call. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, you brought this upon yourself."

_______________________________
Ahh! Thank you for reading ;)
Vote and comment!!