EPISODE - 21

Episode starts:-
Coming in the room both sanutt sat on either sides of swara. Sanskar kept on changing the damp cloth on her forehead, while uttara periodically wiped her hands, neck and face with damp cloth. Uttara questioned sanskar.

Uttara- bhai why didn't you let me stop maa and badi maa?
Sanskar- it's not important now. I am concerned for swara, so just let's see to her.
Uttara too didn't question him again seeing him replying coldly. An hour later when swara's condition didn't get any better sanskar became more worried. He took swara's report file and contacted her doctor.

On call-
Sanskar- hello is this doctor awasthi.

Otherside- yes sir I am her assistant. Please tell me your problem.
Sanskar- umm.. I am sanskar maheshwari. Actually dr. awasthi is my wife's swara maternity consultant. Can I have a word with her. My wife is not well.
Assistant- hold on sir. I will just ask maam about it.
After a minute or two-

Dr. awasthi- hello sir. Dr. awasthi here...
Sanskar- hello doctor. I am swara's husband- sanskar maheshwari. Swara is under your supervision. Actually she is having fever. I need to know what I should do, whether I should bring her there or not as I have no idea about all this.
Dr. awasthi- can you please detail me a bit.

Sanskar- yes.
Dr. awasthi- Since when she is having fever and what's her present body temperature?
Sanskar- after midnight and her body temperature is about 101 degree Fahrenheit. Actually I consulted our family doctor in first hand and according to his suggestion we tended to her and kept damp clothes on her forehead and also wiped her body with damp cloth twice. Her fever subsidised but then again it hiked up. And over that her condition seems worsening.
Dr. awasthi- sir I would say you to bring her here, so that she could be properly checked. Then only I will advise you something. And it was good that you didn't give any medicine to her.
Sanskar- ok doctor. We will be there in some time. Thank you.

Sanskar cut the call and turned to uttara who was sitting there confused.
Sanskar- uttara please change swara's dress.
Uttara- bhai maternity consultant [she said confusedly] and dr. awasthi.....i didn't hear of her before.
Sanskar- uttara... swara.... Swara is three months pregnant. She told me about this yesterday night itself.
Uttara- [shocked] what? [wide eyed] three months pregnant.... Oh god... really bhai. [she asked for assurance and sanskar nodded]

Uttara squealed in joy, jumped off the bed and hugged sanskar.
Uttara- this is great news. [she said with wide smile but her smile soon dropped] but we didn't know about this. Infact no one knows about it and now maa and badi maa also went rajasthan and bhabhi is ill. Bhai why you didn't let me stop them. [worrying] bhabhi is ill and also all these days she has been so sad and so much happened in home. Now how will we take her care.
Sanskar- uttara.... Relax. You change her dress and I am taking her to her doctor she has been consulting till now. she will be fine and I don't need many people for taking her care [said with a determined face] I am there and you are with me naa.
Uttara- yes bhai. I am always there for you and bhabhi. Chalo let me change her dress.
Sanskar took his clothes and went and changed in other room till uttara changed swara's dress. Then he took swara's reports and picking her up in bridal style he went out of house with uttara.

In hospital-

Swara was checked by the doctor. Intravenously glucose was given to her while same sponge bath was given to her but in a more assisted manner. Sanskar was called by the doctor. On reaching doctor's cabin, he knocked and entered.

Doctor- mr. maheshwari glad that you are here with swara. Swara will be fine. Let me be clear to you in all aspects since you are here with swara for the first time. She has always visited here alone. I asked her about some family member or you but she always told that you will come with her when you will be back. So it's good. Mr. maheshwari pregnancy is very crucial phase. As much as it is a happy moment, it adds more to the responsibility of a person. [sanskar nods] swara is quiet weak and slowly her case is getting complicated and as I can deduce it is because of stress. Infact she talked about her nightmares and lack of sleep in her last visit and also about her increased restlessness. See mr. maheshwari a women needs extreme care and love in this phase and especially support from her husband. I would suggest you to be with her and also spend time with her. As a doctor I am being frank with you. She is experiencing a lot of hormonal changes in this phase and her desires may also increase. So you need to take care of that too along with being cautious about the baby. I hope you are getting my point.
Sanskar kept on nodding and felt guilty too. he listened to the doctor carefully and sometimes was embarrassed too.