Chapter 8: Emotion

During Lunch, Gon and Killua met over on the stadium bleachers.

"So your Aunt owns a bar and a grocery store?" Killua asked.

"Yep, she has been raising me along with taking care of the shop," Gon responded cheerfully.

"What about your dad or your mom? Why don't they help out?"

"Well my dad owns a a famous company, so he couldn't take care of me. Then my mom died a little after I was born."

"Wow, I guess I wasn't the only one with a backstory. "

"It isn't that much of a backstory. I think you have a more interesting one than mine."

"I guess. What company does your dad work for?"

"I am not sure. Whatever it is, it must be pretty big. I am pretty sure everybody knows, because I have gotten a lot more attention than usual. I just need something to help clear my mind for a bit."

" That makes sense. I can't blame you for hiding...anyways, can I come over to your house today?"

"Yeah sure. My house isn't as big as it looks."

"I beg to differ. I have seen the outside of your house. It looks pretty big to me."

"Not everything looks the same on the inside."

"Well, yeah true."

The moment of silence was pressed upon them, as they continued to look at each other with gleeful faces. Gon then takes the chance to lean forward towards and gently grab his hand. Killua blushes furiously, but calms down and gets into the mood of the scene. Killua comes closer to Gon to where their shoulders and arms are touching. They continue to get into the peaceful scenery of their warmth.
"Hey Killua," Gon said.

"Yeah what is it?" Killua replied.

"Do you think I am a bad person?"

"What? Why would you ask?"

"I just wanted to know why you wanted to be my friend."

"Hey, I should be asking you that question. Why did you want to become friends with me?"

"Because when I first saw you, something came over me like...I had to protect you. I had to be there and care for you. I guess I just got the strange feeling."

"I see. I guess I would say the same thing about you. I felt something strange too. It wasn't a bad thing, it was just something that felt warm and fuzzy."

"Yeah, I feel the same way. What do you think it means?"

"I don't know, but I guess...we'll find out along the way. Of us being together."

Gon continued to feel the same strange emotion that Killua couldn't place in his mind, but their hearts they knew exactly what they were feeling.