Scene Five

Elsie didn't tweet Lucas after that night. And to her disappointment, he didn't tweet her.
She tried to message Jess several times over the next week, but she heard nothing back.

She kept away from Twitter and all talk of the show for the next few weeks. She was at war with herself. She desperately wanted to go back to the show and see Lucas, but she knew the way they had been interacting was wrong. It had to be wrong, because of the way Jess had reacted. It wasn't a normal fan to theatre star relationship and it confused Elsie no end.

About a month and a half after the show, a message popped up on Elsie's phone from Jess. She briefly wondered if she had changed her mind about going to the show alone, but realised quickly that wasn't the case. Her heart sunk as she took in the words.

"Your little plan of flirting with Lucas Knight backfired, didn't it? You should have known that you were punching. I was going to message you last week to warn you about the rumour, but now he's made it official and that's for the best. Now he's dating his co-star, maybe you should think about backing off? It's going to be so awkward next time you go back."

Elsie had tears in her eyes as she finished reading the message. She didn't understand why Jess was being so mean to her. She thought back to the conversation that night and remembered that although she had called him gorgeous, he was the one instigating it all. He was the one that had been intense from the moment he met her. Was it really all her fault?

She couldn't lie, the thought of Lucas dating his co-star felt like a kick in the stomach. She had been winded and found it hard to breathe. She never thought that her heart could ache so much over a man that she had never even been with. The few girls that were in that show were stunning, she felt dowdy and plain in comparison.

She opened up her Twitter with shaking hands, having avoided it for so long. And there it was.

Lucas had tweeted a picture of himself holding hands with Sophia, a dancer from 'Singing and Winning'. They were outside an old castle, beaming for the camera. He was wearing a button up shirt, sky blue, with simple black jeans and trainers. She had a tiny crop top on, showing off her toned stomach and tight fitting jeans. Her blonde hair extensions were thick and nearly down to her waist. If she was being honest, she couldn't tell how pretty Sophia was because she was caked in make up. But just the fact that Lucas was with her made her sure she must have been gorgeous.

He had captioned the picture "Exploring with this one." He had tagged Sophia in the post and put love hearts next to her name. They made a striking couple. Elsie wondered how long they had been together. Sophia had tweeted Lucas back with a load of love hearts and kisses.

Elsie put her phone down and held her head in her hands. She couldn't figure out why she was so hurt. Just because there had been mild flirting between the two of them didn't mean that he wasn't allowed to see other people.

She shook her head and actually laughed. As if she would ever have had a chance with him. She had made a bigger thing of it in her head than what it was. He was naturally a flirty guy. He came out and spoke to everyone the same at stage door. He called them all 'darlin'. It was part of his job to put on a good performance with the fans. Elsie had been a fool. She picked her phone back up and rattled off a message to Jess.

"Just seen. I'm not sure what you thought was happening between Lucas and I, but it was only ever a fan thing from my part. I'm very happy for him, they are cute together."

She opened her Twitter back up and liked the tweet of Lucas and Sophia.

@ LucasKnight27 Looks like you had a gorgeous day together :-) see you at the show soon x