Crying at the Disco

How's everyone doing? I'm relatively okay. .... This is a one-sided conversation... Well, enjoy this one!

TW: Crying, P!ATD's Dying in LA (lyrics)
Ship: Analogical, Ryden
Prompt and Song Above

Logan's POV:
I was walking through the mindscape, looking for my boyfriend, Anxiety. I wished to spend time with him, for I was done with my work for the day and rather bored. I had already checked with the others, but they all said the same thing- they hadn't seen him all day.

Because of this, Patton gave me some food to give Virgil, considering he probably hasn't eaten anything today. There is only one other place he could be, and, in all honesty, I probably should have checked there first.

I finally arrived at the slightly darker part of the hallway, in between where the "light" and "dark" sides, as Roman so kindly named them, reside. I was about to knock on the door, when I heard someone... was that crying? Then, the tears seemed to cease, until some music began playing. It quickly began again, and the music was paused once more. Now confused, I knocked on the door, not wanting my boyfriend to be alone with his sorrows.

As soon as I knocked, there was silence. I quickly entered, somehow knowing that my boyfriend would be unable to speak, nor want to get up at the moment. The first thing I noticed was a pile of black and purple pillows and blankets on the bed. Then I saw the laptop and person on top of them- Virgil.

I quickly set the food on his desk, and hurried over to the trembling figure.

"Virgil, darling, whatever is wrong?" I asked, putting my arms around him in a hug.

"It-its this, this s-s-stupid song." He stuttered out, trying not to cry again.

"What do you mean, dear?" I was confused as to how a song could make one feel such sadness.

"It-it doesn't say so, b-but its clearly ab-b-bout Ryden."

"Forgive me, dear, but, what is Ryden?"

"Its the ship name f-for B-Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross. They were both part of the band P-Panic! At The Disco, but Ryan left in 2009." Virgil was clearly still upset, but he was calming down, which was good, but I was still confused.

"And what does Ryden have to do with the song, dearest?"

"It- its, ugh, just listen to it." He said, apparently annoyed at his slight inability to speak at the moment. He reached for his computer and rewinded the song, then gave me his headphones. I would've asked him why, but I figured he just didn't want to cry anymore.

The song started with a piano playing beautifully, and then the words began.

The moment you arrived they built you up
The sun was in your eyes
You couldn't believe it
Riches all around, you're walking
Stars are on the ground
You start to believe it

Every face along the boulevard is a dreamer just like you
You looked at death in a tarot card and you saw what you had to do

But nobody knows you now
When you're dying in LA
And nobody owes you now
When you're dying in LA
The power, the power, the power
Oh the power, the power, the power
Of LA

Nights at the chateau
Trapped in your sunset bungalow
You couldn't escape it, yeah
Drink of paradise
They told you to put your blood on ice
You're not gonna make it

Every face along the boulevard is a dreamer just like you
You looked at death in a tarot card and you saw what you had to do

But nobody knows you now
When you're dying in LA
And nobody owes you now
When you're dying in LA
The power, the power, the power
Oh the power, the power, the power
Of LA

As the song came to an end, I noticed my face was slightly wet.

"T-tears? But, I-I don't understand. I don't even know what Ryden is."

"Ap-apparently that doesn't matter, does it?" He laughed as best as he could around his own lightly falling tears.

Soon enough, we were both listening to the song on repeat, crying and laughing together. Not the way I thought I would spend my time with my boyfriend, but I won't complain.