Chapter 6: Anpanman bandaid

The loud noise outside my tent woke me up. I sprung up from someone playing the national anthem on a trumpet. I rush to stand up and place a hand over my heart.

After it finishes, I look at the clock and see that it's barely 5:00 am. Ugh... I have to wake up in an hour anyways so why not stay up... I dress in scrubs and comfortable shoes and I grab a quick bite before heading to the medical cube.

As soon as I walk in I am introduced to the many staff that was already in the room. Ranging from nurses to surgeons, the place seemed packed already.

"So (Y/N), where are you coming from?" Nurse Choi asks.

"Just a small town... You guys probably won't know it." I shyly reply. They all awkwardly nod their heads and look as if they need to ask more questions. "Well, if you don't mind me asking, where could I be most helpful?"

They look around. "Do you have any specialties?" One doctor asks. "I'm a surgeon and also just a regular doctor, but I am not specialized in any subject."

"Well if you could, you might be doing a bit of everything. In emergency cases, we will be sure to send them to you, but if not, we could use you to just do small check ups for the soldiers." I happily reply as I will finally begin my mission. "Dr. (Y/N), before the rush comes, go ahead and familiarize yourself with the base. It's quite big so don't get lost." Nurse Choi smiles. I nod and leave for an adventure.

As I exit, the sun is just beginning to rise, and I would love to get a higher vantage point. I notice the few hills that surround the base, maybe I could look there...

I find myself staring at the warm sun that was just beginning to peak. Oh dad, I wish you were here...

" Already trying to run away?" A voice appears from behind me.

I turn and see that it was Sergeant Jeon.

"(Y/N)-ssi, have you made yourself comfortable?" He sits down right next to me.

"I hope that I can be useful here. I know that it's nothing like my clinic, but I hope I can do this..." I slowly drop my head.

"Sejin, was a great soldier as well as a friend." He sighs. "He always talked about you and all of your achievements... Just know that he was proud of you." He turns and slyly smiles at me.

I look up and give a shy smile. "I just wish he was with me... But I have to show him that I can work hard too!" I fully smile. "Hwaiting!" I turn with a fist pump.

The Sergeant is surprised and gives a awkward "Hwaiting" in return.

We both giggle and when I look down I see a slight red smudge in the sand. I follow the trail with my eyes to see that the starting point was his hand.

"AH! Why didn't you tell me that your hand was bleeding!" I shout and quickly grab his hand to inspect the wound.

His eyes widen. "It's just a cut..." He tries to shake my off and hides his hand. I grab his hand and I drag him to the medical cube.

Once we get there I shove him down and force him to sit on the desk chair as I bandage his cut.

"(Y/N)-ssi, it's just a slight cut, I won't bleed out." He chuckles.

I grab the first aid kit and cleanse the area before placing a bandage on it. "You may be a tough soldier, but who knows if your white blood cells are."

After I finish, he grabs my hand and stares into my eyes. I try to pull away, but his tight grip doesn't allow me to.

"(Y/N)-ssi, did anyone tell you that you have really pretty eyes?" He smirks. Holy crap, he's flirting with me. My cheeks instantly flush with a coat of pink.

"Yah!"

"Yah?" He questions me. "(Y/N)-ssi, do you know that I'm older than you?" He stands up and takes a step closer. I step back trying to keep the distance between us.

"Sergeant Jeo-"He interrupts me. "Just call me Jungkook." He takes another step. "Or better yet, Oppa." He smirks.

I step back again to find my butt hit the desk. "Jungkook-ssi, you should heal up just fine. Have a good day!" I rush out of the room and place my back against the other side of the wall.

My heart was pounding. Who does this guy think he is?!

I peak inside the room to see if the Sergeant was going to leave. But instead I see him look at his bandage.

"Anpanman Bandaid." He smiles and then walks out of the room.

I smile at his reaction and leave to fulfill my other duties.

OOF Jungkook-ssi is beginning to flirt with you! Comment down below if you have any ideas or other encounters that you would like with the Sergeant. I'll be sure to dedicate the chapter just for you!

Comment, Like, and Subscribe!