S i x - Take the mask off when you speak to me

Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood.

No matter how much I wanted to ask him how she died or how he knew, I knew I couldn't. He didn't know the answer to such an elaborate question. There would be no response that would change the feeling I have.

I waited. I waited for my eyes to empty the years of held back tears, you would think my tear ducts were non existent. I haven't cried since that day five years ago.

"Axe... are you okay?" Cody's voice was soft, the opposite of what I was feeling.

I looked at him and smiled sadly. "I-I'm just peachy." I stuttered.

"I know your no-"

"Actually, I am going to go out for a walk," I pounce off the bed and open the door. "See you later Cody."

I didn't wait for a response, I shut the door and zoomed towards the doors.

*Zane's POV*

I always know whenever something is wrong with Axelia. It's just like a feeling or a sense. Right now, in this moment I can see her sitting on an old rusted swing set.

I was passing by, to go to my room, and I saw her run towards the corridor.

She pushed open a set of large metal doors and she slowly sat on the swings.

I knew she was upset or something.

I slowly opened the doors and made my way to the door, and when I opened it I was greeted by bitter fall air. It was close to midnight, and still she managed to look absolutely stunning in the dark- not that I like her or anything...

I was hiding within the shadows, I didn't want her to see me staring.

She looked up at the stars, and I caught a glimpse of her face... pure rage was the only thing I could see.

The night was cold, and she lacked a coat, but fury she had in equal measure. She was never the type to get mad so easily.

I wonder what happened.

"Stop staring," her voice echoed through the twisted air.

"My lady, I am sorry." I responded as I came out of the shadows and made my way towards her.

"It's ok Zane."

"What's wrong?" My voice laced with concern.

"Nothing," she smiled. "Everything is ok."

She smiled the smile that I had become so familiar with, it was the smile of lies and brokenness; it was her fake smile.

"No, it's not." I said to her. She looked away and then back at me.

She giggled a faked laugh and threw another disguised smile, "Today was great, I don't know what you are talking about."

"It's like you are hiding what you are truly feeling. Please just talk to me, your best friend. Take the mask off when you speak to me." My voice sounded desperate, and honestly it was. I am tired of her pushing me away when I know she is not okay. 

Her eyes turned soft and her 'smile' faltered. "I-I can't. I need to be brave." She inhaled.

I put my hand on her cheek, "You are the bravest person I have ever known Axel."

She quietly whispered a 'thank you'.

"But being brave doesn't mean pushing away your problems, it means embracing it and doing something about it." I said quietly.

She had her knees up to her face, and her head was, out of my hand and, buried in between her knees.

We were quiet for what felt like hours, it was a comfortable silence.

She was the one to break the silence first when she shuffled out of her previous position, she was facing me now. Her eyes were cold and lifeless.

"You know how you always thought I was brave?" Her eyes were getting glossy.

"Yeah?" I respond.

"Well I am about to prove you wrong..." she trails off.

I raise an eyebrow at her. What was going on with her?

Suddenly, she took off her leather jacket and threw it across the grass.

"Wha-" I didn't finish my sentence because I heard a sound that I have never heard from her before: a sob.

She got off the swing and was about to walk away, but her knees collapsed under her and she fell hard on her knees. This only made her cry out harder.

"Ayelet... Sh-she's dead..." she chocked out between whimpers.

At this point I was down on my knees, holding her back. Trying to comfort her.

The scene in front of me broke my heart, this strong, fearless girl was broken in front of me and I didn't know why.

"Who is Ayelet?"

She looked up at me. I saw her sorrowful face, her tear stained cheeks, her puffy green eyes that you could get lost in, and her chapped lips.

If it was possible, it felt like she got ten times more broken.

"She's my sister."

~~~~

I feel like that wasn't a bigger shocker, I think I made it a little obvious.

And yay to a Zane POV!

Anyways, thank you so much for reading my book!

Please vote, comment and share!!!

Word count: 864