unstable mind.

Kevin woke up in his bed and felt that nobody was in his arms anymore. Laury left, but he didn't notice. He checked his cell phone. It was the next day, and he had no messages to respond to.

He got out of his bed and got ready for the day. When he was about to leave the bathroom, he heard his phone ringing on the counter. Someone was calling him, but there wasn't a caller ID. Kevin answered it anyway. "Hello?"

"Hey Kevin, it's Alina." Alina said, on the other line.

"Alina. What's up?"

"I was wondering if you want to join Lani and I at my house tonight. My mom's going to go out of town this afternoon."

Kevin thought for a second. "Sure, what time?"

"10 p.m.? Is that okay?"

He checked his watch. It was 9 a.m. "That works."

"Awesome. See you there." She hung up the phone. Kevin wanted to hang out with the two, but he realized that they might be too focused on each other, leaving Kevin sitting there trying to entertain himself.

"I would invite you, Laury," Kevin began thinking out loud. "But I don't want them to think that I'm crazy. After all, I'm already beating myself up for this," He sat and waited for a moment. "Are you there?"

It was dangerously silent. Kevin sighed.

-----

Alina sat in her chair, doing her make-up. Her mother walked in without warning. Alina didn't bother to look up.

"And what are you doing this for?" Her mother asked, with a very sour attitude.

Alina shrugged. "I like to look nice."

Her mother scoffed. "Yeah, okay. Alina Skye, if I find out you're talking to anyone while I'm gone, I'm going to kill you. And I mean it." She slammed the door.

Alina filled up with rage, and flipped off the door in the direction her mother left the room. "Bitch," she muttered under her breath. She resumed applying make-up. She never put too much on. The front door had closed, which meant that Alina's mother left. She began to talk to herself. "Why can't I talk to anyone? Yeah, I may be mentally unstable, but you really piss me off."

Alina was very kind and sweet to almost everyone, but she had a very bad relationship with her mother after something terrible happened with her. It's one of her biggest secrets, that she hasn't shared with anybody. She was glad that she had Lani. She loves her very much, and she would be extremely sad if she left her. It's all she has left of her, anyway.

10 p.m. came around faster than Alina thought. Kevin and Lani were knocking at her door. She ran down the elegant stairs to open the door.

"Hey!" Lani said with excitement, and hugged Alina. Kevin followed behind Lani as she stepped inside.

"Damn. Nice house." Kevin said. It was hard not to compliment her house. It was large and beautiful.

Alina smiled. "Thank you," She invited the two to come upstairs to her room. "I'm so glad you guys could come today."

"I'm glad you invited me," Kevin responded. "So, what did you guys do after I left the park the other day?"

"We mostly just talked. We saw someone and talked to them as well." Alina glanced over at Lani.

"Yeah," Lani added. "Apparently he was there the whole time. He goes to Clearwater. He's pretty mysterious."

"I see... were you guys okay?" Kevin asked, sounding a little confused.

"Oh, yeah. We were just fine."

"How about some music? Let's have some fun!" Alina said, smiling. Kevin and Lani smiled along with them. She grabbed a wireless speaker and they listened to music and talked for a while. They were blinded by the entertainment, forgetting all the bad things that could happen, and all the bad things that have already happened. Time passed by, the loud music blaring through the large house, overpowering the laughter and chatter.

"Alina," Lani shouted. She didn't seem to hear. "Alina!"

She turned down the music, noticing her serious tone. "What's up?"

"There's someone knocking at the door." Lani looked confused, as well as the other two.

"Who the hell would be knocking at this hour?" Alina asked. It was currently 2 a.m.

"I'll go get it," Kevin said with confidence. "What if it's a bad person? I don't want you two getting hurt."

Alina was about to speak, but stopped. "Alright then." She looked worried. Kevin ran downstairs, the person at the door knocking harder now. Kevin opened the door, ready to be attacked by someone. But, something came to his surprise. A small girl stood at the other side, wearing a hoodie with the hood covering her face.

"Oh... hi?" Kevin said, confused. He tried to look at her face, but she was looking down. She stepped inside, alarming Kevin. "Who are you?"

"I'm sorry... I don't speak much English," the girl said. She was very short, reaching to about Kevin's stomach. "I'm Roman's sister."

"Roman?" Kevin was confused. Alina overheard their conversation, and she went downstairs. Lani followed.

"What's your name, hon?" Alina asked. The girl looked up. She had eyes that looked like crystals. They were a very sparkly blue, but looked very white.

"Valeriya." She said, looking as confused as we were right now.

"Can you tell me why you're here... at this hour? Is everything okay?" Alina looked very worried. 

Valeriya took off her hood. She had long blonde hair and snow white skin. "Moy brat gde-to tam..." she said, with a heavy Russian accent. A tear rolled down her face. Everyone looked confused. Alina felt bad that she couldn't really help, because she didn't understand what she said.

Kevin felt hurt. "If only we could help out..."

"Maybe she wants us to find Roman?" Lani asked, and looked at little Valeriya. She nodded slowly at Lani. "What could have happened to him?"