(Saihara x Shy!Male!Reader)

This was requested by @badger76
I hope you like it!

Y/N's POV

I had never liked Kaede. She had always been so perfect,  especially when Shuichi was around. Yes, I had feelings for him; but it was obvious that he had something for Kaede. It's not like a guy like me had a chance with someone like Shuichi, though. What if he doesn't like guys?!

That didn't matter now. My heart was sinking. Kaede had been executed, and I couldn't bring myself to be sad. Shuichi was a complete wreck. Seeing him so distraught made my chest hurt.

I made my way toward Shuichi's room.  I clutched a book tightly as I walked. It was my personal favorite,  and I thought Shuichi might like it. He needed something that could make him feel better. I knocked in the door. I hear Shuichi sniffle and footsteps come to the door. That's when I panicked. What was I going to say?! I can't just go 'sorry your friend died,  here's a book', can I?!  I dropped the book and ran.

Shuichi POV

I heard a knock in the door. I sighed, wiping my face of any possible substance. I opened the door to see...nothing. No one was there. I was about to close the door when I noticed something. It was a book? I picked it up. A Study in Scarlet. It was definitely a mystery. I opened it to the first page. There was a bit of writing at the very bottom. This book is the property of Y/N L/N.  So Y/N had left the book? Maybe he wanted me to read it.  I flipped to the next page and began to read. I soon found myself engrossed in the book. I took note of every detail. Before I knew it, I was on the last page.

Your POV

I was really worried about Shuichi. He hasn't come out if his room in days. Maybe he's still grieving. I decided to go on a short walk around the school.

"Y/N!" I heard.

I turned toward the voice.

"Shuichi?" I asked.

He came running toward me.  He came to a stop and pulled out something. It was my book.

"Thanks for letting me read it. For a moment, I forgot what was going on here." he said, avoiding any possible eye contact.

I suddenly took interest in my shoes.

"Oh. N-no problem! Maybe we could c-check out the other b-books I have?" I managed to stutter out.

Are you kidding me?! I can't even talk to the guy I like?!  I must look so pathetic!

"I'd like that."

I could practically feel my eyes widen.  Did I hear him correctly?

"Maybe, we could meet this afternoon?" I asked.

"I'll see you then." he said before leaving.

I held the book tightly and sighed. I couldn't help but smile. I walked back to my room and placed the book on a stack. I had stacked all of my books according to their genre. I continued to sort books.   Before I knew it, Shuichi was knocking on the door.  I got up and opened the door.

"Come in, Shuichi." I whispered.

He walked inside. I pointed to each stack of books and told him what genre to which they belonged.  He immediately looked at the mysteries while I scanned through some other genres.

"Have you found anything?" I asked him.

He didn't reply.  He was already absorbed in a new book.

"Shuichi, you okay?"

Still no response.  His eyes were still glued to the book.  A wave of bravery washed over me.  I got right in front of Shuichi.  His gaze didn't falter.  I grabbed him and pulled him close.  I crashed my lips onto his.  His face went hot, and he got flustered.  He didn't push me away.  We parted for air. I felt my lips curl and my chest throb. I didn't get a response.  For the first time ever, Shuichi looked me in the eye.  His face was a deep red.

"You're just a mystery yourself, huh, Y/N?" he grinned.

You guys can request anything

Thanks for reading!