Chapter 10

Chapter 10 

Max's POV 

I couldn't believe that Dad had actually struck me or that he was going to hit Jason had I not stepped in. I had never seen him get physical like that before and I hoped to never see it again. What he said to me broke my heart; I could only hope that one day he would change his mind and that it wouldn't take too long.  

I had been at Jason's house for a week and had not heard from my dad at all. I'd talked to mom and she said that he was sad and depressed. She tried to convince me to come home but I wasn't going to if he was still going to be angry and physical. I had thought that he would struggle with my sexuality, I just didn't think he would take it this far.  

I was so upset about what was going on that I played horribly Friday night and we lost our first playoff game. I felt like I had let my team down with my performance. By the time Coach took me out it was too late. 

There was a knock on my door that brought me out of my thoughts. "Max, you ok?" Jason came into the room and pulled me into a hug as he sat on the bed next to me. 

"Yeah, just thinking about what happened with Dad." 

"Dad has called him and they are going to get together tonight to talk. At least he's finally willing to talk to him." 

"I know and I hope your dad can get through to him that this was not something that I chose to be. Who would choose to be hated because of who they love?" 

"I think it's a big step for him to take to talk to Dad and get a better understanding. I'll be sad to see you go back home but I think that will be for the best once he has come to terms with everything." 

"I will be sad to go home, but it's not like I won't see you anymore." 

"I know, Babe. Wow, that sounds weird but it feels right to call you that." This caused him and I to chuckle. 

"Yeah it does sound a little weird, but I feel the same way, Babe," I said with a grin as he rested his head against my shoulder. 

Maxwell's POV 

I had been beating myself up the entire week and Gloria wouldn't speak to me unless it was absolutely necessary. I wanted my son home but I wasn't sure if I could deal with him all of a sudden being gay. Part of me wanted to blame Jason, but I knew that he had nothing to do with it. I knew that I needed to talk to someone and get some answers; I knew who I needed to talk to as much as I dreaded it. I needed to talk to Alex. There was no time like the present so I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. 

"Hello," Alex said when he answered the phone. 

"Hello, Alex; it's Maxwell. Do you think we could get together and talk for a bit?" 

"Hi Maxwell, I think that would be a good idea." 

"Can you come by the construction site this evening around five?" 

"I can be there by five fifteen if that's ok with you?" 

"That's fine with me. How is Max doing? Is he ok?" 

"He's fine, a little bummed out because of what happened between the two of you last week." 

"I feel like such an asshole for hitting him, but even more so for trying to hit Jason." 

"I can imagine, but I know for a fact that Jason doesn't hold it against you other than the fact that his boyfriend and best friend is hurting." 

"I am so sorry for that and I know that doesn't mean much right now. I'm just so confused about everything."