ένα

CHAPTER ONE
those little cherub things

Ares' incessant pacing mixed with Silas' leg bouncing had begun to irritate me

Ares' incessant pacing mixed with Silas' leg bouncing had begun to irritate me. I understood they were anxious, we all were but all we could do was wait. I sighed inaudibly before bringing Silas closer, my arm wrapping around his shoulders.

"He'll be fine, Ares."

"You don't know that Hades. He's been in there for seven hours."

"Yes, I do. He's survived worse. You think he's going to let a gunshot wound take him out?" He sighed knowing I was right before sitting in the uncomfortable plastic seat.

"I swear when I find those pigs they'll wish their mothers swallowed them when they had the chance." Silas grits out. Our deal had gone bad, a lowlife fucking gang thought they could take us out. By the time we'd gotten in the car to get Demios medical attention, they were all dead, save for some that had left before the gun show started.

"Excuse me," a sweet but tired-sounding voice called. "Are you the men that brought in my GSW victim?"

I stood up and looked over to the person speaking only to find a shorter woman staring up at me. She was around 5'5" with strawberry blonde hair tied up in a ponytail that had begun coming loose. Her dark green eyes looked tired. They fit perfectly with the eye bags she was sporting like a fashion trend.

"We're his brothers, his name's Demios," Ares said from my left. Silas stood on my right completely silent for once, his eyes transfixed on the small beauty before us.

"We were successful in getting the bullet out. The bullet did manage to cause his appendix to rupture so we removed it. But the good news is he's out of surgery now and should make a speedy recovery, I can show you to his room now if you'd like."

"Please," I said, holding my hand out in an after-you gesture. The walk to his room was filled with silence as relief flooded through us. Well for me and Ares at least, Silas had his eyes trained on the doctor's ass.

She opened his room door and turned to us; apparently, she saw Silas' gaze because she raised an unimpressed brow only to receive a broad grin in response.

Ares elbowed him in the ribs before entering the room with Silas trailing behind him. I stayed back slightly and turned to her before entering. "Thank you, doctor..." I trailed off waiting for her last name.

"Blake." She said with a small upturn of her lips. "There's no need to thank me, I'm just doing my job. If you need anything just click the little blue button on the bed's remote." I nodded before making my way to Demios' bedside standing next to Aries with Silas across from us.

The stark white room burned away at my already exhausted eyes and looking at my brothers I could see they weren't any better. The smell of antiseptic wafted through my nostrils as I stared down at my unconscious brother.