τρία

CHAPTER THREE
four eligible bachelors

It had been a week since I'd seen the Drakos brothers

It had been a week since I'd seen the Drakos brothers. I'd been too busy to give their offer much thought but when I did I found myself researching what I could about them. Their father, Atlas Drakos owned hotels and casinos across Greece with a few here in the United States. Their mother Charlotte came from an equally rich background with her family specializing in clubs in the United States. I found that the brothers were all bachelors that seemed to focus on work, and aside from interviews and information on their business' there was nothing really left to look at. They were a group of squeaky clean multi-millionaires. Maybe I should've listened to the devil on my shoulder and taken the deal in the moment but at least I had the time to do my own research.

I found myself contemplating the offer more and more, the proof of the deal being real sat in my hands in the form of a black business card. Hades business card. I stared at it frustrated, the black card with his name and number seemingly mocking me for not taking the deal immediately. I placed the card down on my bedside table after putting the number into my phone and made my way over to the kitchen for a strong drink.

I looked over the house in disgust. There were dirty plates in the sink, clothes everywhere, and empty beer bottles all around the living room. And that wasn't anywhere close to the worst of it. I started cleaning while placing my drink on the counter. Frustration took over as I began slamming cabinets and cleaning bottles around. I mean seriously how hard was it to put something away or throw something out when you were done using it?

"Juliette, stop making so much noise! The games are on and I can't hear shit!" I took a deep breath to calm myself before I got too angry. "And get me another beer would ya?" Rome called out with irritation.

You have got to be kidding me.

I marched over to the living room and turned off the TV. "I have a better idea, how about you get off your ass," I said while pointing at him. "And help me clean up the damn house. You know, the one that you sit in all day? Rolling around in your own dirt like a pig!" I said with my voice rising towards the end as my anger took hold of me.

"Oh don't get all high and mighty with me. In case you haven't realized, you don't do shit either!" he argued back as he stood up and went to the bedroom with his boot hitting the floor in harsh thuds.

I made my way back to cleaning this time even angrier than I was when I started. A few minutes went by before I heard anything that wasn't the quietness of the house. The bedroom door flew open so quickly it was nearly torn off its hinges. Rome stalked towards me angrily holding something in his hands and it wasn't until he'd gotten closer that I realized what it was.

A black business card.

"What the fuck is this Juliette?" he hissed slamming the card down on the counter. I stared at him blankly. "What nothing to say now? Who's Hades huh?" he asked condescendingly. "Were you even at work? Or were you cheating on me, you nasty whore?"