Chapter 0.3 [Daniel] - Overkill

Why is everything so boring?

You'd think that someone who lived in the United Arab Emirates, home to the tallest building in the world and a bunch if other world records would be a fun place, but that's not normally the case. People here are so busy with their daily lives to even try and make time for recreational activites with friends or even their own families. Hell, the last time I hung out with any of my friends was in January.

For a normal outgoing person like my cousin, this would be hell. For me, the anti-social, talkative guy with sociopathic tendencies, I've got an overactive imagination to keep me company. But even my brain can't function for too long. I thought that my chance encounter with Alex might bring something new and fun for me to do. Alex gets flustered or angry by pretty much everything I say. You should see it. It's so funny it's actually adorable.

But the universe HAD to go and just make Alex the perfect student. Member of the Student Council. Captain of the female Badminton team. Jupiter House captain. President of the Quiz club. I didn't even know we HAD a quiz club. Then again, I barely know the names of my own teachers. ADHD can have it's downsides.

But in the end, she at least manages to talk to me from time to time. More than I can say for some of my other friends. Though they're all like Alex in the sense that they all partake in after school activities. So I guess I can't blame them for my complete lack of interest in physical activities.

Don't get me wrong. If given the opportunity and the right reasons, I could probably kill someone without giving it a second thought. However, it's possible that I might have a different reaction during the heat of the moment, should it ever come to pass. I hope it doesn't. My parents would be disappointed. But that's besides the point.

I used to take karate lessons when I was younger. And I haven't forgotten what I learnt back then. Plus, I may or may not have been able to learn a few sword and knife moves by playing Assassin's Creed for too long that I started learning some of the moves. But, once again, unless the opportunity presents itself, I have no way of backing most of my claims. So take them with a grain of salt.

"Hey Markham! Wait up!" Alex's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Wait, Alex?

I turned around and realized that I had made it to the entrance to the Dubai metro. Which is a solid forty minutes from my school. So I did get my dad's ability to walk super fast while thinking. Sweet. Alex ran up to me, looking like she just parkoured all the way here. But that's impossible. Right?

"I thought you had a meeting. What happened? Someone forget to bring snacks." I asked her. Hearing the last bit, Alex immediately regained her composure and knitted her brows. Sweet. She's annoyed. "I've been calling your name for ten minutes now. What were you thinking about that you left planet Earth entirely?" she asked, ignoring my question.

"Oh I just ignored you because you needed the workout. Pretty sure you lost atlready lost a few kilos from this little run." I pointed out. "I'm only doing this for your benefit, Alex." I could barely contain my grin at this point.

Alex looked at me with narrow eyes, as she asked,"Did you just call me fat?" Her face practically screamed murder. She still hasn't answered my question. Awesome. I get more chanxes to make fun of her."I did not use the f-word. I just said that you needed to workout to maintain your "athletic" physique." I said, as I let out a slightly maniacal giggle. Alex let out a sigh and rolled her eyes at me.

"Whatever, idiot. The meeting got cancelled." Alex said, crossing her arms. "So I decided to tag along, since you don't like being lonely." She paused for an entire second before explaining why she decided to tag along with me. Also, since when did I not like being lonely. I just want fun stuff to happen. However, those things are exclusive of each other.