chapter [four]

Peter's pov

As Lara Jean and I walked into the party that night I had this guilt feeling something bad was going to happen but I didn't tell Lara Jean, she already was uncomfortable at parties enough and I didn't want to worry her.

"Can I get a drink?" Cover asked.

"Of course Covey, I'll-"

"Peter!!" Interrupted Greg.

"Stay." Insisted Lara Jean.

"Uh what's up Greg?" I asked annoyed.

"Guess who's here!"

"Who?" I asked watching Lara Jean make her way to the kitchen.

"Gen and she totally has another man!" He said.

"What about the college boyfriend?" I asked looking at him now.

"Who knows but this guy is kinda lame, she could do better-"

"Is he tall? White? Skinny?" I asked anxiously.

"Yeah actually, why?" Asked Greg confused.

  He is actually insane! Josh had lost his mind! If he thought he could show up to the party with not only my ex girlfriend but Lara Jean's enemy, oh he was going to get it!

After all the times Lara Jean had ranted to him about all the humiliation and pain Gen put her through he had the audacity to go to a party with her? He was clearly just trying to retaliate with Lara Jean for dating me. He was jealous. He was mad.

  I angrily made my way through the crowd trying to find Josh but instead I found her.

"Where's your date Gen?" I asked angrily.

She blushed. "Hiii Peter." She said flashing a smile.

"Gen I'm seriou-"

"Why do you care?" She said taking a step in.

I backed away.

"Gen you're pointless." I said going back to my plan to find Josh. I didn't know exactly what I would do if I found him but I knew I'd figure it out.

But my biggest problem was that while I was trying to find Josh, I had abandoned Lara Jean.

And Josh? Well little did I know Josh was with her in the kitchen.

Josh's pov

  I knew I shouldn't go up to her. She clearly said it was over but I couldn't help it, I watched her fill herself up a glass of water instead of all the liquor they had at the party and my heart melted. She's so cute.

Then she turned around.
She saw me.

"Josh?" She asked confused.

"Oh uh, hi." I said shyly as I walked up to her.

"Your here with Gen, right?"

"Yeah actually. Crazy I know-"

"So just because I tell you to back away from me you instantly go for the one person who's put me through hell and back? Josh how could you-"

She called things off. She didn't want the friendship and now she was mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong. Then I said something I instantly regretted.

"She's hot Covey, what can I say."

"Ew, don't call me Covey."

"I'll call you what I want." I fired.

"Whatever Josh, I'm here with my BOYFRIEND."

"That one?" I asked pointing over to Peter who was talking with Gen.

She was silent.

"Yeah, Lara Jean he doesn't want you, open your eyes-"

Lara Jean's pov

As Josh talked about how Peter didn't really want me I watched him. He wasn't talking to Gen in a friendly way, he was upset, he was looking for something. Then I saw her step in. He backed off and stormed away even more upset. What was his problem?

"-Look Josh I don't care to hear about this, Peters mad."

"And there you go running to him." Said Josh grabbing onto my arm as I passed by him.

"Josh let go!" I fired.

"Lara Jean please, I don't wanna see you get hurt-"

"Hey Josh!" Yelled Peter.

Josh let go.

"Your the only one who's gonna get hurt around here!" Peter yelled getting in Josh's face.

"Back off Peter no need to get mad-"

"Oh! No need to get mad? You're obsessed with my girlfriend."

Everyone was looking.

"I'm.. I'm not." Croaked Josh.

I felt bad.

"Peter.." I said grabbing his arm.

"No Lara Jean, I got this." He shot.

"Peter I think he gets the idea." I continued.

"You better Josh or so help me-"

"So help me what? I'm not afraid of you Peter. You think you can treat people like SHIT because you're some good looking guy on the lacrosse team and you think I'm suppose to be afraid of you but I'm not and I don't like Lara Jean, I'm here with Gen. Not everything's about you guys." Argued Josh.

"Peter please." I begged.

"Alright... alright." Said Peter raising his arms and walking the other way.

Gen came running to Josh.

"Peter oh my gosh.." I said as we sat on the couch.

"He just makes me so mad-"

"Yeah that makes the both of us." I said.