chapter [three]

Lara Jean's pov

Lara Jean's pov

  It was later that day after school and I was in my room doing homework. I couldn't stay focused, the guilt was taking over. I'd never been the one to lie, I'd never been the one to do anything remotely 'bad' anyways. Especially doing this to Peter, It hurt but I was certain he'd never find out and that gave me all the more reassurance to never tell him.

Then my phone rang. It was Josh.

I answered.

"Lara Jean!" He said excitedly.

I got up and shut my bedroom door.

"Hey Josh." I said taking a seat on my bed.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Peter today-"

"I don't really wanna talk about that." I interrupted.

"Lara Jean we can't tell him the truth." He demanded.

"Why? Are you scared of him?"

"Me? No, I'll tell him first thing tomorrow if you want but I was trying to protect you guys. Protect you." He said strongly.

"Protect me? Protect me from what?!" I fired.

"Lara Jean what we did yesterday was wrong on both parts."

"What did I do wrong?!" I asked upset.

"Well.."

"-Whatever Josh, this thing, this friendship, it has to stop. Now." I demanded.

"Lara Jean, no! We can-"

"No! What it is.. we can't! We won't. It's over! Goodbye Josh." I said furiously hanging up.

  And just like that it was done. We were done. I wouldn't have to lie anymore to Peter and I could have Josh out of my life for good now. My life was back on track.

Peter's pov

"Hey!" Shouted Greg as he ran up to me.

"What do you want?" I said punching his shoulder.

"Party. Tonight." He said.

"Look Greg, I don't know. Lara Jean's not into parties-"

"P!! Come on! Bring Lara Jean, everybody's coming and you can't miss out." He said.

"Fine, I'll find a way to get her there." I said.

Josh's pov

  I wanted to call her back, I wanted to go knock on her door for crying out loud. I'd lost the two most important women in my life, besides my mom. I was loosing myself. I was depressed.