chapter [five]

Peter's pov

After the fight, Lara Jean and I both agreed to leave the party.

"Oh my coat!" Said Lara Jean as I started the car.

"Want me to go grab it?" I asked.

"No, no. I got it." She insisted, running to the house.

She was so cute.

Lara Jean's pov

I opened the heavy house door and made my way to the closet upstairs.

Not mine.. not mine.. not mine...

Suddenly I heard Josh and Gen in the room next door.

"Josh please." Said Gen.

"Gen, now? At a party?" Asked Josh with a concerning voice.

"Yeah Peter and I always did it at parties but now he's dating a prude who'd never do anything like that. Your not a prude right Josh?" Asked Gen.

Then a bedroom door shut.

I found my coat and stormed out of the house.

They were having sex? On the first night? The first hours? Josh! Already having sex. What about Margot. What about me? I end our friendship and that "love" he was saying he had for me is gone? He's banging another girl?

I hopped in the car.

"What's wrong?" Laughed Peter.

"Take me home." I fired.

"Covey, come on." He insisted.

"I dunno okay? I just.. I heard... I heard Josh and Gen talking about having sex and then the bedroom door shut."

It was silent.

"Are you mad about that?" He asked breaking the tension.

"Well aren't you? Gens having sex with another guy, doesn't that bother you?" I fired.

"Lara Jean why would that bother me? Why would I care?" He said.

"Because she's your ex."

"Yeah an ex I regret. After having you Lara Jean I regret every girl I dated before you. I regret even having sex with Gen at all."

"Yeah she told Josh that you and her did it at parties all the time and that we'd never do it because I'm a prude."

He laughed.

"I'm not a prude Peter!" I argued.

"I know you aren't."

"Well. Do you think we'll ever.."

"Have sex?" Asked Peter shocked.

"Yeah." I said shyly.

He grabbed my hand.

"Lara Jean sex isn't important to me with you, whenever you're ready It'll happen. I'll make it real special but don't pressure yourself into it because Gen called you a prude, she's a slut so who cares? Not to mention, she's jealous of you." He said squeezing my hand tighter.

"I love you Peter."

"I love you most Covey."

He started the car and drove us home.

Peter's pov

As I walked her to her house door, all was fine, All was calm. Most important there was absolutely no sight of Josh or Gen next door. I kissed her goodbye and walked to my car, My heart ached.

Why was she bothered by Josh having sex?

Surely it had to be because she was thinking of her sister or maybe the fact Josh fucking her arch enemy was all to surreal for her. Not because she wanted to have sex with him.