Chapter three

I woke up with a text form Aisha telling me she had already relocated to Ireland she seemed blunt about it but I just shrugged it off.

I guess Andrew is my new best friend. Then it dawned unto me.... Aisha was always my ride now I have to walk cuz I really hate taking the bus. After my normal routine I head out to school.

I was walking at a very slow pace, I really didn't care if I was late or not. Nothing will ever make me take the bus, and my licence....well Josh insisted I reach eighteen.

Still pondering on my thoughts I hear a car honk behind me.....I didn't answer cuz I knew it was obviously jerky jock Jordan. I just kept on walking then I received a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown number:
Hey,look back!

Me:
Who are you?

Unknown number:
It's Alex!

Then it dawned unto me! Is he texting while driving slowly? Oh no! Then I turned quickly and the car came to an abrupt stop.

"You could have just called out my name instead of texting me"I said while smiling...I pretty sure I looked like a love sick puppy.

He chuckled a bit"I'm not the loud type, and besides I wanted to try out your number to be sure you didn't trick me".

I just stared at him awkwardly, then he asked "do you need a ride?"

I gave a sharp nod and enter the front seat.

The ride felt like there was an unknown tension in the air. Don't blame me! The car was silent...too silent.

"What do you like to do?"he asked reducing the silence.

I answer rather slowly"I..uh...I like to read, talk....uh..sing but I really don't think I'm a good singer.....what about you?"

"I like sports and music"he answered with confidence...unlike me.

I nodded slightly thinking if what to say... fortunately for me he pulled into the parking lot.

"So.."he started and I looked at him

"I'll see you around" he said

I waved at him"okay, bye"

---
The day went fast as usual... I headed to the library to get ready for Jordan today....to my surprise he was already there.

"Hey beauty"he said

"Don't call me that"I said with gritted teeth.

"Then should I call you nerd then?"

"You're a jerk"I muttered hoping he didn't hear. He just shrugged....I guess he heard"then I'll settle for beauty"he replied sounding rather domineering.

"Whatever let's get to work!"I said trying to sound as confident as possible.

The session went by quickly, I packed my things ready to leave when I heard him ask "Do you need a ride?"

"I thought you just got your seats polished" I said making sure the sarcasm in my voice was obvious.

He scratched the back of he's neck...well that's weird.

"Thanks for the offer but I don't need your ride" I said.

"You know you do!"

"I don-" I was stopped mid sentence by Jordan pulling me.

"I don't know what's the point of being so difficult anyways...we live next to each other"he said in a harsh tone.

The ride was so..... different from the one I had in the morning with Alex the one with Alex seemed better.

I felt my phone buzz in my hand then I checked it was a text message from Alex.

Alex:
I waited for you after school to give you a ride then I left after two hours.

Me:
Thanks for the wait.

Alex:
So....do you want to hang out tomorrow you know... before we meet for the project.

Me:
No problem

Alex:
So we'll see at 5:30? I'll pick you up

Me:
One weird question....how do you know my place?

Alex:
I have my ways..see you tomorrow

Me:
Okay

"Who was that?" Jordan asked

"Um....nobody" I mentally face palmed myself for answering with a stupid answer.

He just ignored me and pulled over at my place.

As I got out of the car he called me back.

"Hey, beauty why don't we just meet at your place for tutoring instead of waiting at school" he asked

"Okay"I didn't want to agree but I really needed extra credits at school.

With that he drove a bit to his house right next to mine.

Again thank you universe...I rolled my eyes and went up to my room.....the house was empty so I was rather bored till I slept off.

Missing my parents, I called Josh and we spoke for a while.

Then I finally slept.

***
Yes!! Another update

Read on... There's more to come

Comment and vote