Soul mate

In this world the government had set up a system where they paired people together to maximise human abilities so that the future generation were stronger and more capable. They called this match making, "Soul mates" where teenagers after they had turned 21 they would receive a letter where they would be get their Soul mate's details, their name, birth, in other words a full scale report of them. Then it was essentially up to them to make their move on them in return they will help 'save mankind' they stated. However there were a small population that rejected this idea and ended up being with the one they truly loved and that is how Jung Yein was born out love not arrangement. Then there was Jeon Jungkook who was born out of pure arrangement which made him almost close to perfect.

This is how the perfect Jeon Jungkook met the flawed Jung Yein and how their love story begin.

***

Jungkook opened the yellow envelope that had his address on it and his name, he was surprised since just turned 21 almost a year ago and he only received the documents now. When he finally managed to get the whole stack of reports on his 'soul mate' he sat down on the dining table reading through the contents of the report. He was sipping onto his coffee and he had to admit that the young woman they chose for him was unique. However like his parents he will preform his duty to the country and mankind, he will ensure that this marriage will work out and that they would produce the best off spring they could.

"How is your soul mate?" His mother asked, she looked eager to meet her future daughter in law.

"I don't know I haven't met her yet, however she's quite impressive." Jungkook placed the stack of paper on the table as he started to eat his breakfast. "She's probably the best match for me, she scored perfect for all her examinations."

"That's good, we need a smart heir for our family." Jungkook's father said in a voice voided of any emotion, he flipped the newspaper, "We can't have any common whore give birth to the Jeon's next heir."

"Honey! Do not speak so crude like that!" His wife hit him and Jungkook glanced at his parents.

"Jungkook ah," She called out to her son and held his hand gently, "You don't need to worry about whether she comes from a good family, all that matters is that you love her."

"Don't be ridiculous, his duty is not to fall in love." His father scoffed at her, "His duty is to serve the country not his heart."

"Don't listen to your father." She sternly told Jungkook who glanced at his father. The old man had stood up and walked away. "I hope you fall in love with this girl, my dear."

Jungkook never really understood his parent's relationship. He knew that they both were fated to be by the soul mate system but he never could fathom why his father seemed to hate his mother so much. He always said to Jungkook that his mother was lucky to be paired with him since she came from a good family, other than that he would have chose someone else. Jungkook had to admit that he loved his mother more than his father as she always showed him the closets thing to what he could understand is love. Despite being good at everything, there was one thing that Jungkook could not seem to grasp or learn.

He didn't know how to love.

***

Jung Yein groaned as her alarm kept screaming in her ear, she eventually got up and stretched her back which released a loud crack. Her hair was a complete mess and she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she tried to find her glasses, then she went to pull her hair back into a messy bun as she went to get change and have breakfast. She was reading some of her books for her class as she ate her breakfast in silence, she was content living by herself in this small apartment studio. Then suddenly she got a call from her mum.