Chapter 3: Dreams

Lady Caine's POV:

She was dreaming.
Floating in the protection of her mind while sleeping, forgetting all her troubles and concerns, very far away from her prison cell... or at least that was what Lady Caine was doing until she appeared.
The lady in the black hood.
At first, Lady Caine thought she was just a dream, someone she had once met and never really forgotten. Well, she was right about that, she had already met the lady in the hood before, even if she couldn't recall it. But she wasn't a dream, not even a nightmare. Gothel was pretty real, and she was alive.
"You again?" asked Lady Caine with a bit of annoyance.
"Me again" the witch responded.
Lady Caine shifted her weight from leg to leg, something about that woman made her feel... uncomfortable.
"Well, did you get those chemicals you promised?"
"I did" Gothel nodded. "and if you don't mind, I would like to ask you something now, dear"
Lady Caine said nothing.
"From whom did you get that list you showed me?" the witch asked, as if already knowing the answer.
She waved the air with her hand dismissively. "I don't think that is relevant"
"Oh, but it is" replied Gothel calmly.
Lady Caine seemed to catch the warning tone in her voice because she responded immediately, though she tried to say it casually. It was never good to show any weakness to strangers, after all.
"Some kid who tried to destroy Corona gave it to Andrew, I think his name was Darian or something like that" she said looking at her fingernails.
Gothel nodded, a huge and creepy grin spreading in her face.
"Remember you asked me the first day what I wanted in exchange for the help?" the woman in the hood asked.
Lady Caine looked at her arching a brow.
"I want that kid" she ordered. "once you get out of there you will bring him for me"
"What makes you think I won't just run away when I'm out of this place?"
Gothel laughed as she pulled her curly black hair out of her face.
"You made a promise with a witch, sweetheart, don't you think you can just run away from something like that"

Rapunzel's POV:

In her dream, Rapunzel stood silently between a forest of dark stones. She could see nothing but the full moon over her head. Whispers followed her everywhere she went, as well as that strange feeling that she was interpreting the situation in the wrong way.

"Face your fears" some shadow said at her right. "Follow you're destiny"

"The sundrop will heal" a woman's voice whispered in her ear, a shiver run through Rapunzel's spine.

"At last" it giggled.
Rapunzel run through the black rocks even faster.

"Don't run away" the voice followed.

"You CAN'T run away" someone added.

"Turn around"

"Wrong direction"

She turned around and started running in the opposite direction, covering her ears and grasping for breath. That voice, the one that continued telling her she was doing everything wrong, why did it sound so familiar?

"Not that way!"

"Shut up!" Rapunzel yelled. "I'm going the right way!"

"That's what you think"

"YOU ARE WRONG"

"No! the...the black rocks will guide me..."

"The black rocks will show you the truth"

"BUT NOT THE RIGHT WAY"

"You're lying!"

Rapunzel continued to follow the path, but as she advanced, the space between the dark rocks started to narrow. The air was colder the further she run, her bare feet were tired of running through that cold and dark floor.