6 ||

•° ✿ °•

You were fidgeting in your seat as you waited for him. Your hands hid in the cups of your sweater to keep yourself from getting cold. The smell of your coffee still left a lingering aroma and the scent alone helped keep you warm. Not a minute later, your phone buzzed. At the same time, the cafe's bell chimed, signaling the entrance of a new customer.

You felt the seat across you become occupied. You looked up to see Wonpil catching his breath with his hair slightly parted in the middle and his cheeks a fiery red. You smiled at him as a greeting and he immediately returns it.

"Did you wait long?" He asked.

"No, don't worry about it." You chuckled.

His eyes crinkled as the smile remained on his face. You watched him lean back and get comfortable in his seat while rubbing his palms together. 

"It's been a while since we last hung out."

The way he said those words gave you mixed feelings. You were glad he was still aware of your existence, but at the same time, it saddens you to think that he'll be spending even less time with you now that he's got a girlfriend.

"Yeah..." Your voice came out quieter than intended.

He met your eyes for a brief second. You were mesmerized by how beautiful his eyes were and you could feel them pulling you in closer. However, Wonpil seemed to have noticed your intense gaze and arched a brow. This caused you to avert your gaze.

"So, um, how have you been?" Wonpil cleared his throat, catching your attention.

"I've been good. Nothing much, you know." You forced a laugh.

Despite the cheerful exterior, Wonpil could see through your act. He couldn't help but become curious about how life's been treating you now that he's barely around. The only thing he was sure of as he looked into your eyes were that they weren't as happy than they used to be. He sensed that.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, catching you off guard.

"No." You replied. shaking your head.

Yes, everything's wrong.

But you wouldn't understand.

Wonpil wasn't buying it. He knew you better than that. He scanned his surroundings before looking back at you, but this time, you didn't meet his eyes. That behavior made it certain for him that something was definitely bothering you.

"(y/n), you could tell me."

You hesitated on your response.

"I'm okay, Wonpil."

"No, you're not."

"Stop, people are staring."

That's when he noticed his hand was gripping your wrist tightly. He can see the pain reflected in your eyes with a single action that he had done. He gently let go and mumbled an apology, but that didn't stop him from pressing the matter.

"Tell me, what's wrong?" He tried again but with a softer and more concerned tone this time.

You couldn't do this, not right now. You refused to meet his eyes, biting your lip. He sighed, sliding his grip to your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours. This finally caught your attention and your head whipped towards his direction.

"Wonpil, what are you doing?" You asked.

"What are you hiding from me?" He ignores your question, giving you a serious stare.

"What if your girlfriend sees us like this?" You panic, looking left to right.

But his gaze never leaves your figure.

"What. are. you. hiding. from. me." He repeats, emphasizing each word.

There was no escaping him now. You could feel his hand tighten on yours. You sighed. As soon as you interlocked gazes, you felt him flinch a little.

"My feelings." You bluntly answered.

"Your... feelings?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion.

Yes, the feelings you've been hiding for so long. The feelings you've kept locked to avoid salvaging the relationship that you already have. The feelings you've tried to kill but kept resurrecting each time he looked your way.

This stupid feeling you can't seem to get rid of.

"So, who is it?" He asked.

You didn't know how to tell him in the least painful or confusing way. All you could do was retract your hand from his and give him a small smile.

"I can't, he has a girlfriend."

The tears had started falling and the way he was staring at you with a bewildered expression made it even harder to hold them back. You choked back a sob before grabbing your things. He couldn't even process any of the words you've said.

"Who is it...?" He asked again, meeting your glossy eyes.

"It's the man in front of me."

°•. ✿ .•°