12 ||

•° ✿ °•

"I'm sorry, (y/n). But Wonpil is truly the densest person I know." Jae apologizes.

You sigh. It was true. He was the densest person you know too. A day after that talk with the boys, Jae immediately gave you a call, telling you he wanted to meet up. Hence, you were crowded into a booth at the local diner with Jae, Brian, Sungjin, and Dowoon. 

"There's nothing I can do about it." You shrug, taking a sip of your milkshake.

"Well, what can we do?" Sungjin asks quietly, eyes glued to the table.

Multiple sighs were heard among the five of you. It was a complete silence as you enjoyed your food and drinks, minds wandering elsewhere. However, Dowoon had his eyebrow raised. Without warning, he slams his glass onto the table, making all four figures flinch.

"What's the matter, Dowoon?" Brian asks.

"(y/n), would you be my fake girlfriend?"

You choked.

So did they.

"I think he's on to something." Jae speaks up, quickly recovering from the shock.

You stare at the youngest male, his mouth slightly open. He stutters, trying to find the right words to say. Seeing the flustered male's struggle, Brian steps in for him.

"We could try to make Wonpil jealous." He bluntly explains.

The boys nod without reluctance, agreeing at his idea. You hesitantly agree.

That doesn't mean it didn't make you uncomfortable though.

.

Wonpil blinks twice. Thrice.

You were fidgeting in your seat as Dowoon had his arm wrapped around you, a smile on the younger boy's face. With a tilt of his head, Wonpil points a finger at you, then at Dowoon, then at the rest of the members. Although the situation was too tense for you, you couldn't help but agree that the look on Wonpil's face was very amusing.

"Uhhh..." Wonpil starts, not sure where to look.

"Yes, congrats to (y/n) and Dowoon!" Jae cheers, followed by a hesitant noise erupting from Sungjin and Brian's mouths.

You fake a smile. Dowoon removes his arm around you, clapping loudly. Wonpil looks toward your direction before averting his gaze and slowly brings his hands together to clap at the said announcement. You duck your head low, but not before noticing how red Dowoon's ears were, making his act more convincing.

"Any messages for the new couple, Wonpil?" Jae yells.

You choke on your drink.

"I-uh, he- oh-" Wonpil stutters.

The boy could barely form any words. Wonpil's eyes were everywhere and he was unable to think straight, cue Jae's huge smirk. Your eyes watch him and his every action. He was flustered. He was embarrassed. He was confused. He was holding back.

Finally, he takes a deep breath. His eyes focus on yours and Dowoon's. He forces a smile onto his lips and gives you a small bow.

"I'm happy for both of you." He says, his voice soft.

For a moment, you could've sworn tears were starting to spill out of his eyes. However, Wonpil held it in, just like he did the past few days. But you didn't know that. He never told anyone. He didn't think it was worth knowing. He didn't think it was worth sharing. He didn't think it was worth risking. 

And so, Wonpil stands from his chair. He grabs his coat that hung on the chair's shoulders and puts it on. With a push of his chair, he returns a look that matches everyone's gazes.

"I'm sorry, I've got somewhere I need to be." 

A broken voice is what you heard.

A broken smile is what you saw.

A broken heart is what you felt.

Without any further explanation, Wonpil was out the door to leave the rest of you clueless. The silence was proof of bewilderment, but the noise gradually increased as the boys exchanged words with each other.

However, your mind was somewhere else.

"Dowoon." You call, eyes barely meeting his.

"Yes, (y/n)?" He blinks.

"Sorry, but I'm fake breaking up with you."

And just like that, you were out the door as well to search for a lonely soul.

°•. ✿ .•°