intro

Lila Kingsley picked at her knuckles absentmindedly as she watched the rain drops fall silently down the window, gathering with others as they raced down and out of sight. The young woman was quiet and reserved, to the driver glancing at her through the rear view mirror she resembled a porcelain doll. She looked fragile, beautiful, she sat so still that he would not have guessed she was in fact a young woman, except for the slow rising of her shoulders and the consistent blinking. She looked to be relaxed, perhaps even calm, but on the inside she was screaming.

Lila Kingsley was on her way to Forks Washington, it was quite a change in temperature from her small town in Blue Ridge Georgia. This was where she would begin her somewhat new life, some things however would not be so foreign. Charlie and Bella Swan, the thought provided her a little comfort as her mind and stomach turned with turmoil. She thought about Bella, her brown hair and chocolate swirling eyes. It had been quite some time since Lila had seen her, but she could guarantee she looked the same as her aging father. She could still picture his warm and inviting eyes after all this time. Lila was jolted out of her memories by the rough jerk of the seatbelt catching her, Lila's eyes went wide as she grasped at what she liked to call the "oh shit handle" as she heard the screeching of tires. Shaking, Lila looked around the passenger seat in from of her to set her eyes on a fawn standing alone in the middle of the deserted road. "He came out of nowhere, I'm so sorry Ms. Kingsley." The driver mumbled over and over again, once Lila got her heart beat in check she glanced and him from the corner of her eye. "I'm alright" she whispered her voice raspy yet soft, "are you alright sir?" The driver seemed startled, that had been the first thing she'd said to him since the 3 hour drive from Seattle. "I'm alright Ms. Kingsley I-"
"Call me Lila sir, and it's alright." Lila gave the man a small smile before she sat back in her seat. Glancing out the window she sighed before she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as the car rolled forward again.
'You're alright Lila, just breathe.'
As Lila peeled her eyes open the first thing she saw was the Forks sign welcoming her to her new home.
'Welcome back Lila.'

-
I never put a description of Lila because I like the idea of a imaginative idea done by the readers, though I may put small details in about her and how I think she looks I want you guys to have most of the control over how you want her to look in your head. This chapter is a bit short but I'd like to welcome you to my new book, I'm constantly on this app but I never have the inspiration to ever write. After some time I decided I might as well try again. Apologies for any mistakes, I have a hard time editing large paragraphs and catching mistakes. Hope you enjoy.