Prologue

[Author's Note: Welcome to my new story! In this chapter all events happened three years ago. But it's written in a way that sounds like Jade is "telling the story" its hard to explain, but I promise next chapter will make more sense. Gracie <3]

       Most people have parents that love them, parents that would do anything for them. Buy them toys, give them nice clothes. But, not for me. I was the love child of my bastard of a father, and some woman named Samantha. Because of this, I was half Middle Eastern and half French. From my birth-giver, I gained her body freckles and birth marks across my face. Along with deep green eyes and a curvy figure. From my father, deep, olive skin and thick eyebrows. I didn't really look like him.

      My family has always been dysfunctional, not like those families you see in the t.v. shows. The ones who sit at the table together for dinner. Families that talk about they're day, everything going perfectly.  That's something I've never experienced. I live with my mother, alone, in Boston, Illinois. She's usually at the bar down the street, filling her vains with beverages to intoxicate.

       My father, the one who started this whole mess, now lives with birth-mother. From what I've heard, she's actually quite kind. Must be why my father fell for her. My, "mother" if that's what you could even call her, is a cold-hearted, hot-headed jerk. She's always saying things I could've done better, say things that she knows will hurt me.

And it does.

        And she knows that. I'm her little pet. Something just to let her daily anger subside. But of course, it would return. And then it happened.

She hit me.

         Right across my face. I can still feel the tingle of the impact. At the time, I stood there in shock. Not knowing what to do. And then she did it again, and shoved me back into the kitchen counter.

        Over the years, I gained scar over scar and bruise over bruise. The only way I could hide it was through baggy hoodies and skinny jeans, two items I wore religiously. I dreaded going to school, but it was better than home. I slipped through the halls unnoticed, the only person that cared was Adrian.

         Adrian was my best friend since middle school. We were the same age, sixteen, and went to the same highschool. We were practically inseparable. But she had no idea what was going on at my home. The, darkness that consumed me day after day, the thoughts that drew me closer to insanity. Adrian had paler skin, light, blue eyes and dark, auburn hair. She was absolutely captivating and I admired her in every way.

         She was on the school's dance team, and was some what popular. People simple liked her, favored her. She was friendly, outgoing and absolutely gorgeous. When you watched her dance, she was more than a dancer. She was a storyteller, making different emotions surge through your body with one simple movement. She was extremely smart as well, having all A's and B's in her classes.

         She always seemed like the perfect example of a successful human being, someone who was too good to be true. I always felt lucky that she even associated with me, a nobody. Of course, Adrian always made me feel better. She could make me laugh in just five quick seconds, I've counted before.

           And while Adrian was a good friend, I also had my birth-mother. Her and I weren't as close as most mother and daughter's, but I still kept in contact with her. My dad forces me to have dinner at their apartment every Friday. And while I some-what enjoy my birth-mother's presence, I can't stand my father. He's an absolute dick. A pain in the ass. I've always blamed him for the reason my family is so dysfunctional.

             I don't tell anyone these things, the hitting, the pain, the sadness. I don't want people to worry, I don't want to be a pity party. I already have a lot on my plate, I don't need the entire school looking down on me too. These were all things I thought many years ago.

But little did I know my life was going to change forever.