Chapter One- I did it I'm In

"Come on boy," I whispered to Booms as he came to the first jump "You got this... yes!"
I said as he leaps with air to spear over the first jump. "Lets go, you got this," Boomer jumps and just nips the jump. "That's alright boy." I said rubbing his shoulder as we came to the third jump. "Let's get this one," the next jump was a flower box jump, it had flowers on the side and it was designed to distract the horse. Boomer jumped over the jumps without hesitation. "Yes." the crowed went wild as we hit the ground, I turned back and saw it still standing, luckily. We got to the last jump, the one that I had been training for months. Boomer put his head up to show me he was ready, I kicked him hard and then we took of into the air, I leaned forward ready to hit the ground. "At a boy," I say praying that we did it, I turned back "Yes we did it boy, I bet we're in." We did it, we may have a chance at winner. I was so happy we may make it into the semifinals. I walked Bommer over to the grates and herd the loud speaker say my time was 54.33 seconds, then Jake opened the gate up for me " Great ride, Maddy." Jake said as I dismounted of Boomer. "Thanks, I hope I make it into the semifinals."
"You did you good but I still haven't rode, yet." He says
" Please I can beat you at anything."
"Sure , sure." Jake argued as I walked over to my best friend Rose. Jake was my best competition he almost beat me at everything but I was still better then him at show jumping. "Good job, you will differently make it into the semifinals." Rose said as I was smiling to my self. "Hopefully, look Jakes up next." I said as Boomer almost stood on my food. "Oooooo," Rose said making kisses noises, "Someone likely."
"I don't like him." I said stopping my food into the hard, water needing dirt.
"Yea right, last year you went all on about him and his good looking hair."
"That was last year," I said in a bitter voice, "Can you just watch and shut up about him."
"Last year was 2 months ago," she said as I look at her with a grumpy look on my face, "Fine I will shut up." Rose said as the bell rung ready for Jake and Lucks to start. "Now we have Jake on Lucks." Jake turned Lucks and put him into a trot just like I did, Jake looked so calm and I didn't when I had my ride. Jake got over the first jump with no worries and Lucks seemed to be ready for anything. I think that Lucks would be a great horse but Jake was differently not advanced enough for him. Jake was at the third jump by now and I could see that Lucks wanted to go into a gallop but Jake held him back, if I was him I would let him go. Jake flys over the jump and Lucks goes into a gallop, now this was dangerous because you have to do a sharp turn to get to the last jump and the horse would slip over if it was in a gallop. Jake released that he would hurt his horse so he slows him into a trot, "No." I yelled out on accident, Rose looks at me, hahaha. Lucks jumps with more air to spear then what we did on our first jump. The crowed went wild but not as much as they did for me, hehe. "That was Jake on Lucks with a ride of 54.56 seconds with no folts." The loud speak rings.
"Dose that mean I won." I say and Boomers head shot up.
"I think so." Rose say just before the loud speaker came on.
"Can I please have all rides on the cores." I hoped on Boomer and road over to the gate where Mark the upper age group winner was standing, "I got it," Mark said "Good ride you might win."
"Thanks I hope so." I trotted over and saw my very proud parents waving in the crowd, I waved back and then saw Jake and Lucks next to me, "Nice ride but I bet you." I boast.
"You did but will see if I get into the semifinals."
"What do you mean I had better timing then you." I say with a confused voice.
"Yea but you hit a rail." He looked out to his parents and waved, they blew kisses back. "That doesn't matter, it was still on its plat from. " I hoped he didn't say anything else, luckily the loud speaker came on. "Contraction to all riders you's did great, now in third place we have Any Dalvo," the crowd applauded "In second," I held my breath, "We have Jake Long and in first is Maddy More," I grasped for air, I did it I'm in the semifinals, "Maddy More is now going to the semifinals to compete against the Westen Corte team next weekend." I'm so happy. I got my MEDAL and rode around the riders to show that I... was the winner. "There we go folks Maddy More."

After I was done in the Cores I went over to my float where my parents were standing, "Good job, honey," Mum said kissing my fore head, "You did very good."
"Thanks." I said a little embarrassed as dad pulled me into a huge.
"You did amazing and Boomer didn't even know that there were flowers there on the third jump."
"Yea," I agreed "Lets put Boomer away and get ice cream before we go home."
"Ok." Mum say in a steady voice, rolling her eyes. I tired Bommer up and walked over to the ice cream store, "Mint please."
We finished our ice creams and spent 4 hours in the car to get home.