Intro

23rd July 2008

"Uncle Ben, why am I a girl?" the small child looked up at the older man, eyes wet with tears after being bullied by the boys in the park.

Ben looked down at his niece and smiled, "Well you don't have to be a girl if you don't want to be a girl, it is your choice," The child smiled at her uncle and hugged him.

11th October 2012

As she looked over herself in the mirror Rose sighed, she hated her hair and her body. Looking around the room she spotted a pair of scissors and smiled. Bringing them up to the long strands of hair, she closed them and with a satisfying snip, hair fell to the floor. Continuing doing that to all her hair she smiled and put a beanie on and walked downstairs.

"Aunt May, Uncle Ben come here please," Rose heard the sound of chairs moving and then two sets of footsteps were heard closer and closer.

"Don't be mad please," Rose called out as they turned the corner of the hall.

Aunt May looked up to the 11-year-old and smiled, she had been waiting for this moment for 5 years now. So had Ben.

"Um.... so well I've been thinking the past few years and I'mTranspleasedon'thateme," searching their faces for a sign, any sign he smiled when they were also smiling.

"Son we already knew, we wanted you to tell us when you were ready, have you picked a new name yet?" Ben finally said to the silent boy.

May smiled and nodded at the boy in agreement with Ben. "We can go and get you a proper haircut too," she laughed as she said this.

15th October 2012

It had been 4 days since the boy told his family and 3 days since he told his friends, Uncle Ben and he were going through names to change too.

"Jacob?"

"Nah"

"Richard?"

"I don't think I can hear that every day"

"What about David?"

"Nope, not right, David Parker"

"Wait, what about Peter?"

"Peter Parker, I like that one, Peter Benjamin Parker"

Bens eyes glowed at the younger boy who had chosen his name. Along with the fact that he wanted to have Benjamin as his middle name. "Okay Peter, I like it, has a nice ring to it."

6th June 2013

Peter came home from his last day at school and crashed on the couch, he must have fallen asleep as the next thing he heard was Uncle Ben shouting him through to the kitchen, as Peter made his way into it a bag sat on the counter and Ben and May were both looking at him expectantly. Glancing at the name on it he saw his own name and then the word Hormones.

Grabbing it fastly he looked inside and there was a small box in it, opening the box was a needle and a bottle of liquid. Smiling widely he looked at the letter which read;

Dear Mr Peter Benjamin Parker,

Mr Parker, after many meetings with you about your hormone replacement we have talked to psychologists that deem your case important enough to start Testosterone at such a young age. We have included the times and days you should take the injections and also a few websites you should look at if you already haven't.

Also included in this pack is a guide to wearing binders safely if you are waiting on or not getting top surgery. Along with this is also a guide for parents and carers about the transition you are to be having soon.

Thank you for being patient and we look forward to hearing about your journey in your next meeting,

Yours Sincerely,

Doctor Hamish J. Scully

M.D, D.Psy

41C West Merrick Road, 3, Valley Stream, NY, 11580

After reading the letter Peter started crying, his dreams were finally coming true. He had accepting family and friends, he was going on Testosterone and he was so happy. He truly loved his family and friends.

Aunt May and Uncle Ben were so happy for their nephew they brought him into a hug, everyone there feeling so happy.