14

The conference passed in a blur. Tony invited the two on stage and they waved and smiled. They both stated that they would help everyone where they can and then answered some questions from the press. Many were about Bucky's past and also about Spider-Man's identity. To which Tony interrupted and said that question was not to be asked.

The conference finished and everyone left after a few photos. Upstairs a party was being set up by Pepper who smiled at it. She was happy for the team to be back in speaking terms. Which she sorted no matter what Tony said.

She finished putting the drinks out as the doors of the elevator opened revealing a rather tired team of Superhero's.

"Hey guys, I set stuff up cause I knew you would probably need something after that, also Peter no drinking for you. I don't care what anyone else says. You have school tomorrow and I won't let you miss it for a hangover. And you are only 15!" Pepper told the young boy who smiled sadly but nodded in understanding of what she said.

"Thanks Pepper. You really are amazing," Tasha shouted to the red head who was walking away. She grabbed a drink and a few chips and sat down. Everyone copied the spider mom and sat down with a drink. Peter grabbed a coke bottle off the table. They stayed like that for a while until Steve left to go for a shower. While everyone was talking Peter took his phone out and phoned May.

"Hey Peter, how are you?"

"Hi Aunt May! I'm good. We had a press conference but I wasn't allowed to go cause it was Avengers stuff. How are you?"

"That sounds fun, you better be staying out off trouble. And I'm okay, just had a bad day at work," Peter could sense something was off. May wasn't herself, she wasn't happy and joyous.

"You want me to come home? I can leave, they won't care. I can stay home if you want. I don't need to cone back here after. Or you can come here if you want?" Peter was being very cautious and speaking very fast to May. He was worried about her because he couldn't be there when she needed him.

"Peter I'm fine, I just need a sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay love?" She tried to calm the big down but Peter was already heading to the living room to get Natasha or Wanda.

"Okay, are you sure? I can get Nat or Wanda to come over," he was searching for the two but couldn't find them. Panicking he walked to their rooms which were empty.

"I'm fine Peter. I just need a sleep. I'm going to sleep now. Love you," her voice was quiet and calm. The opposite of how she felt. But she had to be strong for Peter. He needed her.

"Okay, but text me whenever and I'll be right over, and I love you too May,"as he said those words he heard the click of May ending the call.

As Peter walked into his corridor he bumped into Bucky who looked at the boy concerned. Peter had started crying when May hung up, but he didn't realise.

"Hey kid what's up?" The man asked the young boy who was trying to get out off the way of him. Carefully taking the boys shoulders Bucky stopped him moving and knelt down to be the same height.

"Peter. Come on you can tell me anything," Peter looked at Bucky with wide eyes and hugged him.

"Hey Mr Bucky. I'm okay, just worried that's all," Peter started to smile but he just couldn't get the right mindset too do that. "I'm just gonna head to bed for a bit."

Bucky watched the kid leave, annoyed at himself he started to get angry with himself and wanted to hit something but for Peter he couldn't. Following Peter he knocked on the door and herd the click of it opening.

Bucky looked at the young boy and nearly cried. Sure he was an assassin but that doesn't mean he doesn't love people. Peter was standing there. Eyes red and puffy, shaking and hardly breathing.

Bucky walked in and picked him up into a hug and carried him to bed. Placing him down gently he let the boy cry and hug him. Playing with Peters hair seemed to calm them both down so he continued doing that until Peter stopped crying.

The room was silent for a while until Peter whispered, "Mr Bucky, I'm fine. I just had a bad couple hours," he chocked the last few words out before breathing in deeply. "I just need to sleep."

Bucky looked at the kid and smiled. He was trying to act so strong because he thought everyone else was. Bucky thought back to the tones Steve would do that and after an asthma attack he still smiled and went back to fighting.

"Peter, you act like I don't know your type of hero. Act like you can save the world on your own, act fine and happy but I know differently. Steve is like that but he still has nightmares with his PTSD and he still acts fine when I ask," Bucky smiled down, "Fuck even I do it. That's why I like sitting in my own or letting you draw on my arm. It reminds me I'm better."

This earned a chuckle from Peter who smiled and said, "Language" when the man swore. The two tried to talk but remained quiet as they both liked it better. They sat for a few minutes before Peter whispered something under his breath.

"What kid?"

"Oh. It's just that I don't see you as a villain. Your like a super soft cuddle uncle," Peter stopped when he said this. He had never said that to Bucky or anyone in the team before. Thoughts were racing through him. Would be care? Does he think I'm weird now? Will he tell everyone?

"Umm. Thank you? I'm really not good in these situations. But I love you too kid," with this he hugged Peter and left the room. What Peter didn't see was the massive smile on his face or the little fist bump he done after closing the door. He also didn't hear the man ask Friday to save all the footage. To which Friday said she had already done.

Peter however also had a massive smile on his face as he pulled his phone out and text MJ and Ned. The three worked on the Coming Out Plan. To which they decided on Movies and pop culture references. Peters speciality.